Two Nebraska players enter NCAA Transfer Portal

r06ue1

Nothing PC about my comments - your attitude is why women and men do not come forward after sexual assault, when clowns like you place blame on them for what they wear, where they go, who they talked to.  

• 80% of rapes or assaults are not reported because of you and your ilk.  That's a fact.  
  • Nearly 1 in 10 women has been raped by someone she knows.   That's a fact.  
  • 1 in 5 women is raped in college.  That's a fact.
  • 1 in 16 men is sexually assaulted in college.  That's a fact.
  • Rape being reported falsely is somewhere between 2 and 10%.  That's of the 20% that are actually reported - Fact.

Calling you ignorant was kind, I was assuming you were just not aware of the facts.  It's apparent you are and have made a conscious decision so I'd choose another word now. Instead I'll make changes on my end so as not to have to be witness to your views.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Nothing PC about my comments - your attitude is why women and men do not come forward after sexual assault, when clowns like you place blame on them for what they wear, where they go, who they talked to.  

• 80% of rapes or assaults are not reported because of you and your ilk.  That's a fact.  
  • Nearly 1 in 10 women has been raped by someone she knows.   That's a fact.  
  • 1 in 5 women is raped in college.  That's a fact.
  • 1 in 16 men is sexually assaulted in college.  That's a fact.
  • Rape being reported falsely is somewhere between 2 and 10%.  That's of the 20% that are actually reported - Fact.

Calling you ignorant was kind, I was assuming you were just not aware of the facts.  It's apparent you are and have made a conscious decision so I'd choose another word now. Instead I'll make changes on my end so as not to have to be witness to your views.

All the sudden you’re about facts........

20% of women get raped in college.  You really believe that?

7% of dudes get raped?  C’mon seriously?

The 1 in 10 is even better because it doubles down.  Not only have 10% of women been raped, but it’s by someone they know.  

With all these “Facts”, which likely come from a recent CDC study that has been called out by many, you’d think we have an epidemic here.  The concern with the study you site was how loosely rape was defined in the phone surveys conducted.  

I have never blamed anyone in this situation.  It’s quite to the contrary.  That is what you are doing.  There is a possibility that there was a rape, but I don’t know that anymore than you do.  My angle has been, and continues to be, that these individuals have not been charged with crime and there has been no evidence that I’ve seen that a rape was committed.  There are some questionable text messages, but those look poor for both sides in my opinion.

Lets go back to facts again.....I’m just waiting for any.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

My angle has been, and continues to be, that these individuals have not been charged with crime and there has been no evidence that I’ve seen that a rape was committed.  There are some questionable text messages, but those look poor for both sides in my opinion.

Lets go back to facts again.....I’m just waiting for any.  

UNL conducted a Title IX investigation, and the preponderance of the evidence showed that both players “engaged in sexual assault and sexual harassment, in violation of university sexual misconduct policies”. Unless you are the investigator, and you sound like you'd make a pretty crappy one if you were, you do not need to see any more evidence than that. They were found responsible following a thorough investigation. Those are the facts that you need to know, you are not entitled to any more than that.

The fact that they have not yet been charged with a crime is not particularly relevant to the Title IX case. They are completely different processes, and there are a number of reasons why a victim would not want to pursue a criminal case, not the least of which includes the ignorance and lack of empathy she would encounter from people like you.

1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

20% of women get raped in college.  You really believe that?

7% of dudes get raped?  C’mon seriously?

The 1 in 10 is even better because it doubles down.  Not only have 10% of women been raped, but it’s by someone they know.

Why do you not believe these things? These are statistics that have been relatively consistent, as reported using a variety of metrics, for years and years. Why are you so resistant to understanding this? And not all sexual assaults are necessarily "rape" by the common definition (intercourse/penetration without consent), but sexual assault can include any sexual touching against another person without their consent. And yes, it is an epidemic on college campuses, and it is vastly under-reported.

You are coming off as a monster with the way you are carrying on in this thread. You really need to develop some compassion and awareness.

• Plus1 5

42 minutes ago, Ulty said:

UNL conducted a Title IX investigation, and the preponderance of the evidence showed that both players “engaged in sexual assault and sexual harassment, in violation of university sexual misconduct policies”. Unless you are the investigator, and you sound like you'd make a pretty crappy one if you were, you do not need to see any more evidence than that. They were found responsible following a thorough investigation. Those are the facts that you need to know, you are not entitled to any more than that.

The fact that they have not yet been charged with a crime is not particularly relevant to the Title IX case. They are completely different processes, and there are a number of reasons why a victim would not want to pursue a criminal case, not the least of which includes the ignorance and lack of empathy she would encounter from people like you.

Why do you not believe these things? These are statistics that have been relatively consistent, as reported using a variety of metrics, for years and years. Why are you so resistant to understanding this? And not all sexual assaults are necessarily "rape" by the common definition (intercourse/penetration without consent), but sexual assault can include any sexual touching against another person without their consent. And yes, it is an epidemic on college campuses, and it is vastly under-reported.

You are coming off as a monster with the way you are carrying on in this thread. You really need to develop some compassion and awareness.

So they didn’t rape her...by the common definition?

5 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

So they didn’t rape her...by the common definition?

That's not what I said. You're being willfully obtuse and ignorant.

My comment above about rape was related to the sexual assault statistics. In this particular case, according to the reported charges and the findings, yes it sounds like rape. The players were found responsible of "sexual assault and sexual harassment." I doubt the report would actually use the term "rape."

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, Ulty said:

The monster comment is unfortunate.  Rape is a horrible thing.  It’s sad that anyone has to endure it.

I won’t be bullied into submission because the topic is sensitive.  I hopped into this because another person was called out for a stance similar to mine.  If she was indeed raped, I hope they go to jail.  The simple fact is the evidence that we have access to is suspect at best.  It’s unfortunate there are topics that are not up for debate.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28231756/nebraska-players-face-suspension-sexual-misconduct

I know a guy that was wrongly accused of rape because of Sunday morning regrets.  I also know an accusser that made some real bad choices and was convinced by peers it was rape to save a reputation.  That is hardly a case study or statistical evidence, but that’s what I know.  That doesn’t make me an expert either, but it’s real and it happens.

It still blows my mind in our progressive 2020 culture that we want to hang people in the town square.  We want to put them on trial based on accusations.  We do it constantly.  Evidence and facts are all I’m saying.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

It’s unfortunate there are topics that are not up for debate.

5 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

It still blows my mind in our progressive 2020 culture that we want to hang people in the town square.  

Comments like this do not help your case. Pretending like you are being silenced or that actual experts in the field are a lynch mob is disrespectful to this topic.

7 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Evidence and facts are all I’m saying.

7 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

The simple fact is the evidence that we have access to is suspect at best.

What do you know about the evidence? What makes you say it is suspect? Are you assuming that UNL's investigation ended up with a finding of a policy violation without considering the evidence and the facts? Are expecting all of the details to be released to the public before you can actually make an informed comment?

9 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I know a guy that was wrongly accused of rape because of Sunday morning regrets.

This sort of thing can happen, unfortunately. There are a small number of false reports that are made, as @NM11046 reported above, and that is a terrible thing. That is why we investigate. There needs to be a certain amount of credible evidence in order to come to a finding in these cases. And it's not easy.

But listen, you know a guy who was falsely accused. I believe you. You also know multiple women who have been sexually assaulted or harassed. I guarantee it.  And it's more than you probably realize.

• Plus1 5
3 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

No answer?  Just PC Police.  

We all try so hard not to offend anyone that it leads some to ignore facts.  Facts here are none of us know.  That’s ignorance.

Nah man, you are in the wrong here. This isnt about being PC. This is about being honest about the culture of rape and how rape victims dont come forward because they know its their word vs the rapist.

You have just as many facts as we all do and the facts are the young lady says she didnt give consent. 

I am fine with both guys getting a fair trial but I am not ok with bashing the victim. If it comes out that she lied and wrongfully accused, then I believe she also deserves a day in court and consequences but as of now, you are in the wrong and might want to step away from the computer. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

The monster comment is unfortunate.  Rape is a horrible thing.  It’s sad that anyone has to endure it.

I won’t be bullied into submission because the topic is sensitive.  I hopped into this because another person was called out for a stance similar to mine.  If she was indeed raped, I hope they go to jail.  The simple fact is the evidence that we have access to is suspect at best.  It’s unfortunate there are topics that are not up for debate.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28231756/nebraska-players-face-suspension-sexual-misconduct

I know a guy that was wrongly accused of rape because of Sunday morning regrets.  I also know an accusser that made some real bad choices and was convinced by peers it was rape to save a reputation.  That is hardly a case study or statistical evidence, but that’s what I know.  That doesn’t make me an expert either, but it’s real and it happens.

It still blows my mind in our progressive 2020 culture that we want to hang people in the town square.  We want to put them on trial based on accusations.  We do it constantly.  Evidence and facts are all I’m saying.

And I know someone who was raped and didnt go to the police because she had 2 friends who did and no one believed them.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

You have just as many facts as we all do and the facts are the young lady says she didnt give consent. 

I am fine with both guys getting a fair trail but I am not ok with bashing the victim. If it comes out that she lied and wrongfully accused, then I believe she also deserves a day in court and consequences but as of now, you are in the wrong and might want to step away from the computer. 

He believed he received consent....who’s right?  The best part of this is all of you have already decided guilt.  

Feel free to copy and paste any comments where I bashed the alleged victim.

Again, I will not be bullied because the topic is sensitive.  I will take the same stance for these two young men as I did for a Supreme Court nominee.  If they are guilty, put the away.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Evidence and facts are all I’m saying.

That is the exact problem with these situations though, facts are difficult to corroborate due to the private nature of this particular type of crime.  Hell, you can have 2 bikers ride up and see a man raping an unconscious girl in a gutter it is STILL hell for the victim to prove she was raped. In your world, 90% of the victims of a he said/she said issue are not victims at all because they were not on film the entire time and a rape kit wasn't done the instant the guy rolled off.  Your friend may have been wrongly accused, but if so the worst thing that happens to him is that he is sad and resentful. For the 2% of the time that happens, it is truly unfortunate, but for the 98% of the victims that are truly raped, it ruins their entire lives, trust in relationships, feeling safe in the world, etc. Devastating. So if we choose to error one direction or the other on what to take seriously in these cases, I would tend to think hard before believing 2 men, who's stories themselves differ, that took turns with a woman who expressly told them prior to arrival that she was not interested in that and also immediately afterward reported to the police, that the University itself spent 4 months investigating and ruled on as well. his isn't a Sunday morning regret scenario at all. This is ugly.

• Plus1 4