Two Nebraska players enter NCAA Transfer Portal

r06ue1

On 12/9/2019 at 8:46 AM, Aliens05 said:

I haven't ever claimed to know more than the coaches, I'm positive they know better than anyone, but it's odd to me that the guys on the field who haven't been performing aren't ever really replaced, no one else is given their shots when our starters can't do anything game after game...if they're given a shot and they're worse..so be it, put the first guy who already wasn't doing anything back in..what do you have to lose (nothing). Your last sentence also sounds like what we did all year already...so there's that. 

That is why they have practices and then have game like scrimmages so that everybody is on the same page of where they stand - with the exception of the fans

On 12/9/2019 at 10:34 AM, gorp512 said:

Woodyard is  the fastest Husker player in probably decades. You would think he could find the field in some form. Even if they know what's coming, no one can run with him. 

so you think that their fastest DB given a 7 yard head start couldn't stay with woodyard.  If he is that fast he should have stuck with track and made a living.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Ulty said:

Now, please take my explanations with a little grain of salt. I do not work for UNL and I can't speak to specific nuances of their policies and procedures as they may differ from other schools. However, Title IX is such a big issue right now, every school in the country is aware of what happened at Baylor, Michigan State, Ohio State, etc. A school the size of UNL, especially when the spotlight shines so brightly upon the football program, is not going to be haphazard when it comes to a case like this.

Thanks for taking the time for this. Reading through the UNL policy manual,  I was a little alarmed that a student committee would be privy to an investigation of this severity. 

May I ask what your background is? Some universities are offering certifications in Title IX, but I’m not sure if that’s a route I want to go or stay where I’m at. 

13 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

For those who are wrongly accused, they can end up in prison and get murdered in there for being a rapist. I'd say that is several orders of magnitude worse than "sad and resentful". Even if they avoid confinement the mere accusation can ruin their lives. Look up what happened with the men Tawana Brawley accused.

Tawana Brawley's accused were never locked up at all and did end up getting defamation settlements so, while the entire thing was a horrible mess, it ended as it should, with false accusers getting punished with ruined lives. 

Very few wrongly accused get convicted, let alone murdered in prison so that is a significant overreach. Again, 100% of the sexually assaulted are ruined for life to varying degrees. Very few false accusations happen, and of those, a scant few are convicted and of those, a scant scant few end up dead. If we are going to use stats and numbers to keep people protected, we need to error on the side of believing victims.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

One of the men Brawley accused committed suicide over it.

The defamation suits didn't happen until their lives had already been ruined by false accusations.

Those accused falsely do sometimes end up in prison, that's a fact. Child molesters and rapists generally have a very difficult time in prison and many "pay the price" for their crimes at the hands of their fellow inmates. 

The Brawley accused committed suicide before he was accused, so it had nothing to do that that. 

I'd welcome ANY case citation of a falsely accused over the past 10 years that ended up in jail. I am not saying it has never happened, I am just saying it has to be so very rare it is negligible.

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, RowTheBoat said:

Look for at least one more player to enter the portal some time soon after January 13th :flush

You can't just put something like this without naming something specific. Otherwise it comes across you're trolling for responses. From reading your past posts I'm assuming you're thinking J.D.? 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HuskerPwr said:

Very disturbing. It sounds like they helped each other commit these crimes. IF there is a third player involved, I would think whoever lived in the dorm room where some of these alleged assaults took place is certainly a factor. We’ll see.

I’m not sure if the 3rd accused had anything to do with these two or if it was a total separate incident. 

scary how two guys that didn’t know each other before June of 2018 seems to fit so well. Maybe they can share a cell