Two Nebraska players enter NCAA Transfer Portal

r06ue1

10 hours ago, San Diego Husker said:

seems more like they entered the prison portal instead of the transfer portal.  not sure there will be many takers (transfer portal) with all their baggage.  Hope they young men straiten out their act.  I don't like seeing young people waste their god given athletic abilities. 

Given there are multiple reports of them committing sexual assault while on the UNL campus, I wouldn’t mind seeing them rot in prison for a while. Hopefully that will help them straighten up their act. 

32 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

After their suspension from school, additional women approached the LPD to report events prior to the one in August 2019.  You can probably find details on OWH or LJS online. 

Ugh - man, thank you - I'm out of state so it hasn't made it this far yet.  Will go looking.  Sickening - predators.

30 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Think he does well there. Heck of a motor on the kid.

Since this thread is primarily about the two guys who were kicked off the team for horrendous sexual misconduct and not really about the transfer portal in general (even thought the thread title does not specify), it doesn't feel right including Isaiah Stalbird's transfer in this thread.

Stalbird overcame a lot of personal/family adversity just to get where he is, then worked his tail off to get playing time as a walk-on before finally landing at a school where he will hopefully get an opportunity to shine. His story is quite the opposite of Hunt and Legrone. I just felt that needed to be stressed. Hope he is successful. 

• Plus1 7
3 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Hunt is already receiving offers from some 'great schools'.  Is that right.

I mean... innocent until proven guilty, right?

If the multiple allegations are true then they won't ever see a college football field again.  If this is another Duke Lacrosse case, they deserve to move on with their lives.

Just have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If the multiple allegations are true then they won't ever see a college football field again.  If this is another Duke Lacrosse case, they deserve to move on with their lives.

Just have to wait and see.

Well yes innocent until proven guilty however if I am a school and I see that there are multiple allegations personally I am not clamoring to ink the guy during all of this.  Once the smoke clears or if it does then sure that is a different story.

1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

Well yes innocent until proven guilty however if I am a school and I see that there are multiple allegations personally I am not clamoring to ink the guy during all of this.  Once the smoke clears or if it does then sure that is a different story.

Exactly. There's no ink until they're exonerated. 

It's super weird to talk about these guys. They're innocent until they aren't - but once they aren't, that means they never were, and talking about them in even a tolerant manner today seems kinda icky.

But if they're cleared and I've been trashing them, I'd feel like a jerk.

• Fire 2

22 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Exactly. There's no ink until they're exonerated. 

It's super weird to talk about these guys. They're innocent until they aren't - but once they aren't, that means they never were, and talking about them in even a tolerant manner today seems kinda icky.

But if they're cleared and I've been trashing them, I'd feel like a jerk.

I feel ya.  It's always tough especially with this deal where there are multiple reports of alleged assault.   

32 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Hunt is already receiving offers from some 'great schools'.  Is that right.

Checkout this article: https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2019/12/12/ncaa-looks-other-way-athletes-punished-sex-offenses-play/4360460002/

Schools turn a blind eye to guys like this in order to get players. Even ones found guilty.

Also, his lawyer saying that sounds like agent lip service. "Ya well, we've got a lot of really good offers so far and you don't want to miss out..."

3 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Checkout this article: https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2019/12/12/ncaa-looks-other-way-athletes-punished-sex-offenses-play/4360460002/

Schools turn a blind eye to guys like this in order to get players. Even ones found guilty.

Also, his lawyer saying that sounds like agent lip service. "Ya well, we've got a lot of really good offers so far and you don't want to miss out..."

I agree but usually it's just one allegation and the player doesn't ever serve time.  Pretty sure if these guys are found guilty, they're gonna be locked up for awhile.  Unless this is like The Longest Yard, football won't be an option.

14 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I agree but usually it's just one allegation and the player doesn't ever serve time.  Pretty sure if these guys are found guilty, they're gonna be locked up for awhile.  Unless this is like The Longest Yard, football won't be an option.

Ya if they get locked up that answers that. If they avoid jail time though I wouldn't be surprised to see them playing somewhere in the group of 5 at a least.

55 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yeah... but they've already been found guilty by UNL's Title IX investigation. Not the same standard of proof as a criminal case, but to a certain extent they already have been proven guilty, and are still facing some more serious charges. Anything is possible, I suppose, but you don't need to feel too bad.

• Plus1 1