Jump to content
r06ue1

Two Nebraska players enter NCAA Transfer Portal

Recommended Posts


Woodyard is incredibly fast. How he (and the staff) couldn't figure out how to get him serviceable for even just a Go route is confusing. 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/7/2019 at 2:28 PM, Husker03 said:

Probably questioning why you are placing blame on the victim by saying her intentions where sketchy.

Maybe because they were never charged........

 

Maybe because they told her their intentions and she showed up.........

 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Woodyard is incredibly fast. How he (and the staff) couldn't figure out how to get him serviceable for even just a Go route is confusing. 

Agree.....i feel like this staff..along with past staff as well...kind of stuck to who was going to play and wasn't really ever Willing to throw a guy out there to see if they could make anything happen in a game. There were a few games this year that woulda been perfect to see what the bench guys could do, yet we still stuck with pretty much our starters  even when it was pretty evident they weren't doing much of anything either...this goes for several positions on the field...its head scratching for sure to wonder what these guys do ..or don't do to even get a fair look in a game.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post

Woodyard's lack of pt is questionable, but I quotient call it head scratching. Tons of guys have the physical tools but can't put it together on the field - Marcus Mendoza comes to mind. I would've liked to see Woodyard get more chances, but there are probably reasons he didn't. Only played in 3 or 4 so he gets one more shot somewhere else. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Aliens05 said:

Agree.....i feel like this staff..along with past staff as well...kind of stuck to who was going to play and wasn't really ever Willing to throw a guy out there to see if they could make anything happen in a game. There were a few games this year that woulda been perfect to see what the bench guys could do, yet we still stuck with pretty much our starters  even when it was pretty evident they weren't doing much of anything either...this goes for several positions on the field...its head scratching for sure to wonder what these guys do ..or don't do to even get a fair look in a game.

Block.  They don't block.

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post

Woodyard was a definite disappointment.  I was excited when we recruited him and I expected him to get chance in space, quick slants, go routes, maybe some sweeps.  I am thinking this is a case of pure speed just never materialized into football speed and getting separation to be open.  

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Block.  They don't block.

Ok, i get that....so why not use him on special teams, why not use him as a KR OR PR ..why not use him as a jet sweep guy... why not pass to him on our beloved swing passes? None of those require blocking. Would we really refuse to use a guy with speed in positions to allow him to try to be a game changer just cuz he can't block?

 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Aliens05 said:

Ok, i get that....so why not use him on special teams, why not use him as a KR OR PR ..why not use him as a jet sweep guy... why not pass to him on our beloved swing passes? None of those require blocking. Would we really refuse to use a guy with speed in positions to allow him to try to be a game changer just cuz he can't block?

 

 

He returned a kick or two, didn't seem to have any vision whatsoever. And right or wrong, if you cant/won't block on those bubble screens they won't put you in the game to receive them either. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Aliens05 said:

Ok, i get that....so why not use him on special teams, why not use him as a KR OR PR ..why not use him as a jet sweep guy... why not pass to him on our beloved swing passes? None of those require blocking. Would we really refuse to use a guy with speed in positions to allow him to try to be a game changer just cuz he can't block?

 

 

33 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

 

He returned a kick or two, didn't seem to have any vision whatsoever. And right or wrong, if you cant/won't block on those bubble screens they won't put you in the game to receive them either. 

To expand upon what @Husker in WI said, you don't get the opportunity for glory by catching the ball if you won't be a team guy and block for others.  Team first is the mindset they are trying to build,  and there are some growing pains required to get there sometimes.  That mentality however is how you rise above your collective talent and turn a top 15-20 team talent wise into a contender.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

 

I wonder if they have to.   They should, of course.

But then I guess why would they be i the portal?

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, runningblind said:

 

To expand upon what @Husker in WI said, you don't get the opportunity for glory by catching the ball if you won't be a team guy and block for others.  Team first is the mindset they are trying to build,  and there are some growing pains required to get there sometimes.  That mentality however is how you rise above your collective talent and turn a top 15-20 team talent wise into a contender.

 

Culture building is hugely important, but a coach has to survive long enough to use that culture he built. There is always a balance there, because football is not a sport of choir boys who always do the right thing. Sometimes you just gotta get what you can out of a player, even if his practice habits aren’t everything you want them to be. 

 

I know some disagree, but it’s hugely concerning that not only have so many Frost offensive recruits not produced, but how many are already not with the program. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, brophog said:

 

Culture building is hugely important, but a coach has to survive long enough to use that culture he built. There is always a balance there, because football is not a sport of choir boys who always do the right thing. Sometimes you just gotta get what you can out of a player, even if his practice habits aren’t everything you want them to be. 

 

I know some disagree, but it’s hugely concerning that not only have so many Frost offensive recruits not produced, but how many are already not with the program. 

He was late to the party in year 1, so getting quality was tougher.  And year 2 he was holding back for redshirting. 

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...