Big 10 Bowls

19 minutes ago, nic said:

3 and 6. Maybe 4 wins. What the heck is Michigan doing playing Bama? Why is that not PSU or Wiscy? I guess maybe Michigan was 4th in the Big Ten on the CPF rankings, but they should be below Minny record wise.

I agree that it looks odd for Michigan to play Bana, but after the CFP picked OSU, the east is all done by bowl conference agreements. Top remaining Big Ten against top remaining PAC 12 in the Rose Bowl....etc. 

• 3 weeks later...

9 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I struggle to root for fellow big ten west brethren. I really don’t think their success helps us in any way.  

Am am I wrong?

This year, no. 

Other than Minnesota. It is somewhat encouraging that a young, culture changing coach can come in and change a program and compete with the stalwarts of the conference

41 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I struggle to root for fellow big ten west brethren. I really don’t think their success helps us in any way.  

Am am I wrong?

it can help how people view our team if the west is perceived as stronger and we win it.   other than that it doesn't really help IMO

21 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Am am I wrong?

Some people think I'm a pollyanna for cheering for our conference mates, but I think it's always good for all the teams in a conference if the conference is able to flex and show its power.  Of course it doesn't feel very meaningful if you're still stinging from the regular season and got vaseline running down your inner thigh.

If you know what I mean.

1 minute ago, everybody knows my name said:

I don't ever remember hearing such comments.  Who says that?

There were several people around here who would chime in with some derivation of "we're now Minnesota" when bemoaning the Huskers' lack of success over the last 20ish years.