Husker Fan Guide To The Playoffs

Husker fans have a dilemma. Who - if anybody at all - to root for in the upcoming college football playoffs?

Ohio State? Never, ever, in this life or any future one. Self-appointed Big 14 master blueblood that has little respect for Nebraska or anybody other than tOSU and who wants to trademark the entire English language.

Oklahoma? Certainly root not for the greatest single rival the Huskers have ever had and miss playing dearly. So sorry, Iowa and Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Clemson? In the playoffs again? That’s like watching a Green Acres rerun on TV. In fact, that’s it. Instead, watch a Green Acres rerun on TV.

LSU? Nothing much here to put off a Husker fan. Good choice if you want to root for somebody. Stock up on Tabasco sauce, Gumbo, Po’boy and Beignets.    

Don’t care for any of these guys? Wash the car. Paint the house. Read a book. Clean out the closet. Visit a psychic and find out if Frost will ever bring glory back to the Huskers. Watch videos of the 1990's Huskers. Count the hours until the first Husker practice.

Or, watch the playoffs anyway and dream about who might be there one day.

• Plus1 1

I know one thing...I was very very very  jealous of the line play I saw in those games yesterday...LSU had that 350 lb NG with an o lineman in each hand ...

O how i really miss the days when it was Nebraska that had those lines everyone envied....

Ill watch for entertainment and pull for ANYONE playing an SEC team....including tOSU

• Plus1 1

Why can't I like all 4 teams? This is literally one of the most intriguing playoffs yet, minus OU.

I've always had a great respect for OU, but good luck boomer... Dabo does things the right way at Clemson and has built a dynasty. You've gotta love coach O having success and the story of Joe Burrows. And damnit has it been fun to watch OSU roll this year, if they meet Clemson in the final it could be the game of the century.

8 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Dabo is very easy to cheer for.  Clemson gets no respect and has been the best team in the country for the last 5 or 6 years.  

I think they get plenty of respect, they've won 2 of 3 national titles,  that's a bit exaggerated.  Their conference is terrible so everyone forgets until playoff time. 

Personally I just enjoy watching new teams/ different matchups.  Very glad it won't be Clemson/Alabama again. 

16 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think they get plenty of respect, they've won 2 of 3 national titles,  that's a bit exaggerated.  Their conference is terrible so everyone forgets until playoff time. 

Personally I just enjoy watching new teams/ different matchups.  Very glad it won't be Clemson/Alabama again. 

They are undefeated and the 3 seed.  10-1 against sec in the last 11.  Beat the tar out of osu last time they played.  Close game at unc early in the year and everyone forgets how good this team is.  They are great on both sides of the ball.  

Remember when Oregeron was hanging out in Lincoln a bunch a few years ago?

Can't hate the LSU pick, but it's still the SEC. 

If anyone helps sway the narrative that the Huskers can compete nationally again, it's Clemson or Oklahoma. But like you said, never Oklahoma. 

Go Clemson

5 hours ago, Husker66 said:

I know one thing...I was very very very  jealous of the line play I saw in those games yesterday...LSU had that 350 lb NG with an o lineman in each hand ...

O how i really miss the days when it was Nebraska that had those lines everyone envied....

Ill watch for entertainment and pull for ANYONE playing an SEC team....including tOSU

I said the same thing.  So that's how a 3-4 works....