Husker Fan Guide To The Playoffs

I never understood why people wouldn't pull for our conference teams. Only makes our league look better, if they have a great bowl season. 

I hope OSU wins the NC, and the rest of the teams win their bowl games. 

Big-8 or Big-12 didn't matter to me, I still always pulled for our league. Well maybe Texass  I had trouble with, but the rest I could really get behind. 

Go B1G win out.

GBR!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Husker66 said:

I know one thing...I was very very very  jealous of the line play I saw in those games yesterday...LSU had that 350 lb NG with an o lineman in each hand ...

O how i really miss the days when it was Nebraska that had those lines everyone envied....

Moos touched on that in an interview posted in the Journal Star this morning.  That and a lot of other things, and peppered with a lot about his respect for walk-ons at Nebraska, past and present, past especially. 

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-mindful-of-frost-s-task-moos-expresses/article_ccf62df5-300c-59c6-ad06-88ee67687f8b.html#tracking-source=home-trending

9 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

I'm just giddy Alabama isn't there and that's enough to elevate my enjoyment tenfold.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Same! I can recognize they're one of the preeminent teams in the history of college football, yet at the same time be happy they aren't in the playoffs again.

This ^^^

LSU and Burrow this year is quite the story. I'll be pulling for them. OU takes the position of outgunned underdog so I would like to see them do well but I don't see it happening for them. OSU, as much as I dislike them, is still the rep from our conference and I'd like to see them knock out Clemson. Clemson is the only team of the 4 I would like to see sent home sooner rather than later. Kind of the Alabama effect I guess.

The most interesting thing to me with the field of four is how three of them are starting QBs that started their collegiate career somewhere else.  Two of the three came from programs that are not in the playoffs.  When one considers what we're trying to accomplish here compared to the four teams in the playoffs, it would seem we should probably be going for Oklahoma.  The team with a high flying offense paired with a defense that barely cracked the top 50.   

1.  Ohio State, would make our conference look better. Unfortunately they play the 2nd best team in the country -Clemson.  Plus is Fields 100%? I noticed his kneee brace.

2.  LSU, for some reason i just like their fans more than Bama...then again who knows how LSU fans would be if they won a few championships.

3.  Oklahoma, im tired of the Sooners tbh, i just dont get excited about them or care about them anymore.  I didnt grow up in the heart of the Rivalry though.  When i was a kid Oklahoma was in their valley.

4. Clemson, i actually kindof like Clemson, its a beatiful part of the country too.  But im just tired of them.  Plus they play OSU, so i have to root against them.  

58 minutes ago, killer cacti said:

Clemson will win it all. You heard it here first. 

2CC14A70-D537-46B5-B6B9-8A0BDC3A5049.jpeg

Honestly think you are right. Obviously you are a homer, but they have been playing as well as anyone since the UNC game and are an afterthought at the moment. That is a recipe for Clemson to come in and show everybody why they should never be an afterthought. Would not be surprised at a repeat of last year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 10:17 AM, Nebfanatic said:

Honestly think you are right. Obviously you are a homer, but they have been playing as well as anyone since the UNC game and are an afterthought at the moment. That is a recipe for Clemson to come in and show everybody why they should never be an afterthought. Would not be surprised at a repeat of last year.

Probably not as big of a homer as you think. I’m pretty realistic. I called us losing to Bama 2 years back. As for the semifinal, I’ll take Venables with a month of preparation all day. Assuming we face LSU in the final, their defense is full of holes and I think our d stops them more than they stop us.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, killer cacti said:

Probably not as big of a homer as you think. I’m pretty realistic. I called us losing to Bama 2 years back. As for the semifinal, I’ll take Venables with a month of preparation all day. Assuming we face LSU in the final, their defense is full of holes and I think our d stops them more than they stop us.

Nope. 

• Plus1 1

Only concerned with B1G.  Where's Nebraska? :unsure:

http://schersdd.tripod.com/2019bowls.html

Probably watched it on TV (couch potato) but non-B1G teams, meh

OddsShark in Bevo Conference .....

A&M favored by Okie Lite
ND favored by ISU
LSU favored by OU
Navy favored by KSU
Utah favored by Texass
Georgia favored by Baylor

All underdogs. Need to removed P5 (life sentence).  Replacement ...... MAC or Big East ??