Husker Fan Guide To The Playoffs

2 hours ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

You and my kid, who worked in Loosianna for a while.. Geauwvphx Tigers (they pronounce it taggers down there), etc. 

I picked Ohio State.  Go tuba-i-dot-guy. 

OU is really the only dark horse pick. The other 3 teams are truly a toss up. Imo this may be one of the best playoffs to date.

• Plus1 2

37 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

OU is really the only dark horse pick. The other 3 teams are truly a toss up. Imo this may be one of the best playoffs to date.

I agree about it being more like it.  I still wish we could have eight teams.. I looked at Mavric's proposed set-up for that and it looked good to me.  But yes, this one looks interesting and I feel that OSU is the team that adds to that. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

I agree about it being more like it.  I still wish we could have eight teams.. I looked at Mavric's proposed set-up for that and it looked good to me.  But yes, this one looks interesting and I feel that OSU is the team that adds to that. 

8 teams is obviously ideal but honestly I don't think it is needed this year. It's clear who the 3 top teams are and I think they are on a level by themselves

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

8 teams is obviously ideal but honestly I don't think it is needed this year. It's clear who the 3 top teams are and I think they are on a level by themselves

Alabama, Baylor, Oregon, and Florida could be in there with the four now set up and it'd be hard to be sure they'd all be kicked out in an eight team set up.. LSU already beating Alabama as the caveat.  :D

25 minutes ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

Alabama, Baylor, Oregon, and Florida could be in there with the four now set up and it'd be hard to be sure they'd all be kicked out in an eight team set up.. LSU already beating Alabama as the caveat.  :D

Ehh. I'm of the mind if you have 2 loses you don't deserve a chance at a national title.

51 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Ehh. I'm of the mind if you have 2 loses you don't deserve a chance at a national title.

Yea hearing Bama kinda put me off to the idea.  I think 4 is enough, but i wouldnt have a problem with 8.  Would be exciting at least.  Just would hate to see a scenario where an LSU has to beat a Bama twice.  Could even be 3 times in some scenarios with Conference Championship games.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 4:35 PM, killer cacti said:

Probably not as big of a homer as you think. I’m pretty realistic. I called us losing to Bama 2 years back. As for the semifinal, I’ll take Venables with a month of preparation all day. Assuming we face LSU in the final, their defense is full of holes and I think our d stops them more than they stop us.

Bump