Nebraska- a desireable job

16 hours ago, SFW said:

I sure he is.  

Moos’s bosses won’t be happy for long though, if they’re seeing an empty stadium and no bowl game.  They will pull the plug.

Does it matter?  Bill is 68.  I imagine it might be his last job anyway.  The people of Nebraska and 'Husker fans wanted Frost and he got Frost to hitch his wagon to.  If it doesn't work he will ride off into the sunset an independently wealthy man who hired the man the fans wanted.  

• Plus1 1

42 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

If it doesn't work he will ride off into the sunset an independently wealthy man who hired the man the fans wanted.  

And "saved the sellout streak," as he said. 

But, interestingly, in a prolonged interview he kept going back to the time needed and the emphasis on "building the program," which he explained is much different than what the new coach at Ohio State (for example) had to do because that football program had not been wrecked by bad hires after the legacy coaches (in our case Bob, Tom, and yes, Frank) left.  Amazing point. 

So.. Moos's ride into the sunset, no matter his age at the time,  might be seen as regretful by Husker fans, if he's right about all this.

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

And "saved the sellout streak," as he said. 

But, interestingly, in a prolonged interview he kept going back to the time needed and the emphasis on "building the program," which he explained is much different than what the new coach at Ohio State (for example) had to do because that football program had not been wrecked by bad hires after the legacy coaches (in our case Bob, Tom, and yes, Frank) left.  Amazing point. 

So.. Moos's ride into the sunset, no matter his age at the time,  might be seen as regretful by Husker fans, if he's right about all this.

I like Moos and Frost.  I hope they accomplish the mission of rebuilding.

I’m more confident in Frosts ability to

rebuild than in his coaching abilities...and that’s the rub.

I hope Frost makes me eat crow. I really do.

• Plus1 1

Nebraska - a desirable job?

No, it isn’t. Very high expectations from the fan base learned from past glories that haven’t been seen for a generation. Mediocrity evidenced for years is way below what most fans will be satisfied with. Creates great pressure on coaching staff and players. Tough to get many highest recruits with so many hot programs out there competing and without the same legacy baggage. Too many false starts and poor choices made by the decision-makers in the past. Overall program doesn’t seem to know what it wants to be.

Yes, it is. For an ambitious coach who is not afraid of a great challenge, there are few greater opportunities than the Red and White Sleeping Giant of the Upper Plains. Elite football conference that’s been routinely placing more teams in the Top 25 than others. Fans so hungry for succeed that things are ready to explode with the first real sign of solid success and turning the corner. Players can be rock stars in the State and all its communities who love the team like no other. No major pro teams near to take attention away from the program. The coach that brings success will become a legend in these parts.

So, Nebraska is not a desirable job. It also is one.

• Haha 1