Glad no staff movement this offseason

BoNeyard

5 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Except it wasn't his.

Does it matter? That is kinda the point of the OP. Obviously that situation was not one that breeds success. It's not fair but it's over now. We are trying to take a healthier approach this time unlike other programs like Purdue. Sometimes that push from the top can destroy everything you are trying to accomplish

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

We are trying to take a healthier approach this time..

I admit to just now coming around to seeing it this way ("it" being hiring new coaches to "right the ship" practically instantly).   The "program rebuilding" thing that Moos harps on is taking over my sensibilities gradually. 

We all want wins.. every game we want that win.  But what Nebraska is wanting most of all is something in addition to that.  Something we were used to and have the resources to reclaim:  Husker football being Husker football, and all the meaning that entails.  That will take time.

• Plus1 3

22 minutes ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

I admit to just now coming around to seeing it this way ("it" being hiring new coaches to "right the ship" practically instantly).   The "program rebuilding" thing that Moos harps on is taking over my sensibilities gradually. 

We all want wins.. every game we want that win.  But what Nebraska is wanting most of all is something in addition to that.  Something we were used to and have the resources to reclaim:  Husker football being Husker football, and all the meaning that entails.  That will take time.

Exactly. Now that's not to say expectations aren't dynamic, they are. What is good enough to keep your job this year won't be the same next year. But I think blowing it up so to speak this early would be a mistake even if we do make some changes down the road

11 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

Auburn has put together quite the staff. Malzahn (HC), Kevin Steele(DC) and Chad Morris (OC). Those are the types of coordinators that win ball games. 

We'll see. I predict they'll stay at 8-10 wins but rarely taking the division if ever before Malzahn is replaced. 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Does it matter? That is kinda the point of the OP. Obviously that situation was not one that breeds success. It's not fair but it's over now. We are trying to take a healthier approach this time unlike other programs like Purdue. Sometimes that push from the top can destroy everything you are trying to accomplish

I think it matters for the record.  Diaco is the reason Riley's last season was such a total cluster, and he wasn't even Riley's hire.  The reality is Riley got hosed by the then AD and some boosters, and received the blame for their screw up.  The strain will forever be remembered on this board.    I wonder when those boosters will push their weight around again.  

• Plus1 1