Glad no staff movement this offseason

BoNeyard

1 hour ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Chinander is not a good DC and needs to be replaced.

Having substandard assistants is not conducive to success and keeping them is not healthy for the program.

Fire Chinander, then fire Frost. His side of the ball is the biggest disappointment. 

45 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I actually felt like our defense improved towards the end of the season and Chin was on the right track.  I would really like to see what he can do as he gains more talent.  

Agreed. And the areas where he's struggled in (finding creative ways to get to the QB on passing downs) doesn't necessarily mean he'll struggle there forever. He can adapt, make some updates, and get stronger in those areas.

He's a relatively young coach after all.

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I legitimately haven’t seen Walters in one recruit photo. Believe he’s the only staffer that’s been MIA, not implying he’s been fired, but maybe he’s out trying to find another gig. 

I believe he has put his name in for at least one head coaching opening.

He's been out....Walters offered Brown and was with Frost at Black's game a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

I believe he has put his name in for at least one head coaching opening.

He's been out....Walters offered Brown and was with Frost at Black's game a few weeks ago.

I figured that was the case, last year showed he intends to be a head man sooner rather than later - more power to the guy. Just noticed he’s been missing from all the WR visits our staff has been doing.

5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Curious if Mark Helfrich was a good recruiter. Former Head Man and OC at oregon. Might be a good OC pickup. Someone else who knows the offense- take some weight off Frost to focus on the big picture of the program.

He’s known for being a wet blanket. Probably best suited as a QB coach/OC where being weird doesn’t matter as much because you only recruit one player and that one player cares almost exclusively about player development and liking the playbook.

Probably would be a great hire if we moved on from Verduzco. I think he’d annoy people a lot if shoehorned into a WR coaching spot though.

6 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

He’s known for being a wet blanket. Probably best suited as a QB coach/OC where being weird doesn’t matter as much because you only recruit one player and that one player cares almost exclusively about player development and liking the playbook.

Probably would be a great hire if we moved on from Verduzco. I think he’d annoy people a lot if shoehorned into a WR coaching spot though.

Getting a little ahead of ourselves since Walters could be sticking around, but there's no way Verduzco would add WR coaching duties. He's a QB guy through and through, that's his life's work. Since it's Frost's offense and he's calling the plays, people hoping for a big name will be disappointed if/when Walters moves on. Nobody big is coming here to not call plays - more likely we'd elevate Austin/Held and hire a new receivers coach.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

That's news to me and I know him personally.  He's bright, engaging and a lot of fun. I had a lot of fun talking trash to him on the intramural fields.  He gives as good as he gets as well.   I'm not sure who you're talking about, but it's not Mark Helfrich.