Glad no staff movement this offseason

BoNeyard

28 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

True. But it doesn't mean that it won't make the team better going forward.

It absolutely could. I'm not against change, but I do some stability is good as we rebuild.

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

As a fan, I'm almost always on the side of continuity in the staff.  But, we have had two years with very little change.  If Frost thinks this will make the program better, then so be it.  I'm excited to see who is going to fill the spots.

I'm excited as well, could help us continue forward.

47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

As a fan, I'm almost always on the side of continuity in the staff.  But, we have had two years with very little change.  If Frost thinks this will make the program better, then so be it.  I'm excited to see who is going to fill the spots.

I agree on continuity. But I also think many people were nervous he was bringing some members of his staff with no experience or not qualified to be on a top notch P5 staff. Florida didn't want them all. Great for G5. So if we upgrade to better assistants I support it.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

Did I miss something? Where does it say Walters will move on? 

Im wondering the same thing.  Let me check my sources and ill get back to you.  But if we do lose 3 coaches......Beckton, Dewitt, and Walters would be the 3 I would be ok losing.  Not that i want to lose them.  Walters is the one i'm least sure of as far as how good he is.  I'm no expert on our coaches, i know very little about some of them, and Walters hasn't had much talent to work with (including a QB who can get the receivers the ball, maybe the most important of them all) so you can't really judge Walters yet.  That being said he hasn't shown anything worth missing yet.  We did pull in a heck of a receiver class this year.  Was that Walters?? And if your position coach leaves, can recruits get out of their LOI??

All I know is, as long as we aren't losing Fisher or Held I'm pretty much okay with it as long as we get solid hires. Beckton was probably our 3rd best recruiter though helping us get deeper into Florida and Georgia recruiting but I think we'll be fine without him now that we have pipelines into Miami and Grayson, Georgia. 

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, runningblind said:

So........2?

Sounded like 2 definitely and possibly a 3rd.

14 minutes ago, Decked said:

Losing Beckton would be unfortunate for recruitment. Can’t say much for on the field performance.

Walters like DeWitt is replaceable 

Agreed, he has a lot of ties in the SE. If it's going to happen, this is probably the year since we have an older group and no incoming TE. Plus a couple of big targets for 2021.

Ultimately who the heck knows what's going on behind closed doors. :dunno

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why wouldn’t Walter’s be a factor in some of our good WRs we have gotten the last couple years as the position coach?

I didnt say any factor. I just think most of these kids are committing to Frost. If we had a different OC or Receivers coach I dont think most of these kids would mind. Thats just my opinion- I know nothing. But I think they are sold on the vision of Frost and his offense. I just think if Walters was so important to recruiting he would have been at all the in home photos from the recruits the last month at (Closing Time)