Glad no staff movement this offseason

BoNeyard

1 hour ago, BigPeterJ said:

Im not saying i agree with Brown, but then would you also say that it would be wrong if a coach used his position as a platform to support LGBTQ rights?  For the record i believe everyone should be loved.  And everyone is loved by our maker.

Supporting people and asking for them to be discriminated against are two very different things.  If memory serves, Brown went to a city council meeting, gave One Memorial Stadium Drive as his address and backed a law allowing for landlords to evict people solely based on their sexual preferences.  Brown can believe what he wants, but giving Memorial Stadium's address as his own crossed the line in my opinion.  

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Supporting people and asking for them to be discriminated against are two very different things.  If memory serves, Brown went to a city council meeting, gave One Memorial Stadium Drive as his address and backed a law allowing for landlords to evict people solely based on their sexual preferences.  Brown can believe what he wants, but giving Memorial Stadium's address as his own crossed the line in my opinion.  

If Nick Saban backed the same law and wanted to be our coach would you have this opinion? #doubtful

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
29 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I agree if thats what happened.  Had no idea.

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

I would. Don't need him, don't want him in that case. Not the victory but the action.

I dont recall the whole situation. Chances are one side believes what he did is basically genocide and the other side believes what he did was essentially the same as Christ baptizing John the Baptist. The answer is probably in the middle.

1 hour ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Apparently you misread what I wrote.  He can have his opinion, but using his place of employment to bolster his viewpoint and sway opinion would turn me off and I'd be against his hiring.  

It was pretty obvious from comments by both Moos and Frost that Brown had to STFU about certain things to stay employed with the program. If he were to go back to coaching here. it would be controversial obviously but I don't see him stirring-up further controversy.

6 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Apparently you misread what I wrote.  He can have his opinion, but using his place of employment to bolster his viewpoint and sway opinion would turn me off and I'd be against his hiring.  

Remove Brown's name and insert Saban's. Still hold the same opinion? 

4 hours ago, Danimal said:

It was pretty obvious from comments by both Moos and Frost that Brown had to STFU about certain things to stay employed with the program. If he were to go back to coaching here. it would be controversial obviously but I don't see him stirring-up further controversy.

I'm highly doubting more than about 4-5 people would really care. 

7 minutes ago, macroboy said:

You would be very wrong about that. More than 4-5 people cared at the time. Even more would now.

Yes. I remember when he was hired back in 2018 that there were just so many people that it really bothered...

• Plus1 1