Glad no staff movement this offseason

BoNeyard

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

We won’t ever know but, I don’t see why one would be and not the other. 

And....it really doesn’t matter either way for any of the changes. 

Why not? It's always been a matter of time before Walters took a HC gig. Dewitt is not in that same boat. I agree it doesn't matter and we will never know 

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

And yet Dewitt is the one with the new job. 

Both coach’s units didn’t perform well this year. 

? Walters is likely just waiting to be announced at his new job. Like you said, we won't know and it doesn't matter but in my opinion if anyone was nudged out the door it would be Dewitt. Not saying that is what happened at all, and that's why I said 'may have been' in my original post. The point was more that we definitely didn't nudge Walters but again that's JMO

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

? Walters is likely just waiting to be announced at his new job. Like you said, we won't know and it doesn't matter but in my opinion if anyone was nudged out the door it would be Dewitt. Not saying that is what happened at all, and that's why I said 'may have been' in my original post. The point was more that we definitely didn't nudge Walters but again that's JMO

So, Walters is going to a team that is still playing and hasn’t fired their coach yet?

why wouldn’t he be announced so he could be recruiting?

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, Walters is going to a team that is still playing and hasn’t fired their coach yet?

why wouldn’t he be announced so he could be recruiting?

I don't know man. I'm not in the know but it seems like Walters will be taking a HC gig. I could be wrong, we will all find out soon enough I suppose. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

We won’t ever know but, I don’t see why one would be and not the other. 

And....it really doesn’t matter either way for any of the changes. 

I think it does matter. It would show Frost will make staffing changes to get us where we need to be. Putting the program above relationships which is a concern some fans have 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Baylor, plus Missouri State and McNeese State.  Doesn't Oregon have an OC opening as well?  I think Moorhead is interviewing there.  I could see that being appealing to Walters too.

I think Walters could be looking for an OC job where he’s the play caller. He doesn’t call the plays at NU. 

3 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Baylor, plus Missouri State and McNeese State.  Doesn't Oregon have an OC opening as well?  I think Moorhead is interviewing there.  I could see that being appealing to Walters too.

Forgot about baylor. It would most likely be a pay cut to take a fcs job as well. As someone else just mentioned he might take a oc job where he can call his own plays.

That's a good point about being the play caller.  Change would not surprise me.  I think Coach Frost knew the Big Ten was going to be quite a big hill to climb in Lincoln but I don't think he expected a 4-8, 5-7 start.  With the schedule in the back half of 2020 and all of 2021 being extremely difficult, there is certainly a sense of urgency to get it turned around.  It would be interesting to see what the fanbase thinks if they start 6-1 or 7-0 and end up 6-6 or 7-5 with a couple of blowouts in the the 5 game tailspin.  Would it be enough of an improvement to keep the positive mood?  Especially if there were no coaching changes other than Dewitt for Dawson.  A bowl game would certainly be welcomed after 3 years in the wilderness.

49 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't know man. I'm not in the know but it seems like Walters will be taking a HC gig. I could be wrong, we will all find out soon enough I suppose. 

I’m truly interested. 

Is there more to this HC rumor than internet board fodder?

I know EZ-E says he’s heard he interviewed. Anything else?

Seems like OC is more likely. 

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m truly interested. 

No but to be fair that is all we have on him and Beckton leaving in general

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m truly interested. 

Some of the media guys have mentioned they expect at least one and maybe 2 more changes. That's lol the more concrete they'll get though.