Glad no staff movement this offseason

BoNeyard

So, I'm assuming, since it's rumored that Joseph is in the mix here, these changes will be announced either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Still don't understand why Walter's HC position isn't announced yet if he really is getting one.  That seems like maybe he interviewed for a couple, message boards found out about it and now it's grown to....its a done deal.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, I'm assuming, since it's rumored that Joseph is in the mix here, these changes will be announced either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Still don't understand why Walter's HC position isn't announced yet if he really is getting one.  That seems like maybe he interviewed for a couple, message boards found out about it and now it's grown to....its a done deal.

I agree on Walters. But at the same time why would Joseph be in the mix if Walters wasnt leaving?

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The thing is there are 3 options and 2 of those options seem alot less likely than the 3rd. It's hard to see Walter's making a lateral move on his own accord and it's hard for me to imagine Frost moving him along at this point. It's all reading tea leaves at this point but HC makes the most sense 

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree on Walters. But at the same time why would Joseph be in the mix if Walters wasnt leaving?

Walters might be leaving.  But, not for a HC position.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

The thing is there are 3 options and 2 of those options seem alot less likely than the 3rd. It's hard to see Walter's making a lateral move on his own accord and it's hard for me to imagine Frost moving him along at this point. It's all reading tea leaves at this point but HC makes the most sense 

OC with play calling wouldn't be a lateral move.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Walters might be leaving.  But, not for a HC position.

OC with play calling wouldn't be a lateral move.

You may be right but if the pay is the same that doesn't seem like a step up to me when he has been rumored a soon to be HC for years. I get your angle of radio silence but at the same time it would be kinda the same deal if he is taking an OC job somewhere else. Why wouldn't that have been announced yet? They are keeping this thing close to the vest in any case.

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You may be right but if the pay is the same that doesn't seem like a step up to me when he has been rumored a soon to be HC for years. I get your angle of radio silence but at the same time it would be kinda the same deal if he is taking an OC job somewhere else. Why wouldn't that have been announced yet? They are keeping this thing close to the vest in any case.

I would think that lots of assistant positions haven't been filled yet.

I could be very wrong.  I hope he gets whatever position he wants.  Or...if he stays, game on....Frost obviously thinks he's still the guy for the job.

If he's that hot of a commodity for a HC position some day, we should be very happy to have him on our staff.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would think that lots of assistant positions haven't been filled yet.

I could be very wrong.  I hope he gets whatever position he wants.  Or...if he stays, game on....Frost obviously thinks he's still the guy for the job.

If he's that hot of a commodity for a HC position some day, we should be very happy to have him on our staff.

I could be wrong as well. Just my take on the information we have. This is an absolute shot in the dark but I suppose an OC/assistant HC position at a place like Baylor might be viewed as a step up. I don't think he has the resume to be the head man at Baylor.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Another option for Walters is a NFL assistant coach.  I know all of the vacant head coaching jobs have been filled, but there is still movement in the assistant coaching ranks.

Walters would be money ahead to wait a couple seasons to the time NU is actually doing well - then he has something to really sell as HC or OC at elite P5 or NFL spot.  IMO 

12 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Walters would be money ahead to wait a couple seasons to the time NU is actually doing well - then he has something to really sell as HC or OC at elite P5 or NFL spot.  IMO 

I agree, but Frost could be "forcing" Walters out or strongly suggesting that he find a new role elsewhere, even if it's less $ or a demotion in title.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree, but Frost could be "forcing" Walters out or strongly suggesting that he find a new role elsewhere, even if it's less $ or a demotion in title.

Doubtful.   What real evidence that Frost wants rid of him?   He felt he was a good coach before and if Frost really wants him out he can certainly do so any time.  No sense  in messing around.  Go out and hire the guy he really wants and be done with it.  Same with any others on the staff.  If Frost “doesn’t really care either way” on Walters or any other guy he needs to figure that out.  He should always try to have the best people around him - his future depends on it!   

• Plus1 1