Glad no staff movement this offseason

BoNeyard

1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Doubtful.   What real evidence that Frost wants rid of him?   He felt he was a good coach before and if Frost really wants him out he can certainly do so any time.  No sense  in messing around.  Go out and hire the guy he really wants and be done with it.  Same with any others on the staff.  If Frost “doesn’t really care either way” on Walters or any other guy he needs to figure that out.  He should always try to have the best people around him - his future depends on it!   

Frost is always going to back his coaches to the media and public, but behind closed doors, Frost could be looking for someone different to take the offense to a new level, as well as have more impact in recruiting.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost is always going to back his coaches to the media and public, but behind closed doors, Frost could be looking for someone different to take the offense to a new level, as well as have more impact in recruiting.

Well if he’s waiting until tomorrow after the game tonight, then surely the changes involve staff of one or more participants in the game.  
?   Are the new signees bound if we change coaches?   That’d be a reason to delay things perhaps?

Let's face it, we'll probably never know the full truth of if any of these guys left completely voluntarily or if they were pushed out or the more probable, somewhere in between. There are very good reasons, that Frost is keenly aware of, to keep that info in house on the DL. Publically, he has to have his coaches backs. However, behind closed doors, I think we can assume there are performance benchmarks he will hold them accountable to. So, I'm going to assume coaches of underperforming units or areas, that moving along was strongly suggested. If/When it is an obviously high performing coach, I think we can assume they probably found an advancement or opportunity that we couldn't match. Really it's pretty simple.....but carry on.

• Plus1 2

Walters has made no bones about it, he wants a better gig. He’s applied for every HC job under the sun the last 3 off seasons. To the point where that’s his priority as soon as the offseason hits. Might just be a mutual situation where Frost wants to get someone dedicated to Nebraska and recruiting his tail off, and a change of team and title could move Walters closer to the gig he desires. These things usually aren’t black and white, priorities change - Nebraska isn’t the place for Walters to get where he wants his career to be, and Nebraska needs someone dedicated to Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1

Frost has gone to what seems like painstaking detail to control the information around the Huskers since even before he started. They appeared to control information around his interview/hire, he completely shutdown the press meddling in his family, we seem to get commits out of nowhere, Dawson leaving and Tuioti being hired hard very little smoke around it and he has apparently worked very hard to control information regarding coaching changes this year. I think you can assume that if Frost is driving these changes he's working hard to control the narrative around it for his friends/colleagues.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Let's face it, we'll probably never know the full truth of if any of these guys left completely voluntarily or if they were pushed out or the more probable, somewhere in between. There are very good reasons, that Frost is keenly aware of, to keep that info in house on the DL. Publically, he has to have his coaches backs. However, behind closed doors, I think we can assume there are performance benchmarks he will hold them accountable to. So, I'm going to assume coaches of underperforming units or areas, that moving along was strongly suggested. If/When it is an obviously high performing coach, I think we can assume they probably found an advancement or opportunity that we couldn't match. Really it's pretty simple.....but carry on.

With the pettiness and smug, too cool for school personalities covering the program, you'll know within three weeks. You think Benning would be able to keep that one in? 

14 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Rumor on the street is Walters office is empty today and he’s pulled his kid from LPS

13 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I heard this last week, as well.

5 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

He doesn't have a child in LPS 

But he does live a few blocks from me. I'll let you know if I see a moving truck in the driveway.

EDIT: And Chinander lives right across the street from Walters. I'll keep you posted on both.

• Fire 1