Glad no staff movement this offseason

BoNeyard

Is Dawson even coming?  

He hasnt been let go from the Giants yet and according to fans,  he might be retained by Judge.  They let McGovern (ILB coach) go along with the DL coach.  

I would think if Dawson is coming, they would have announced it already. 

4 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I would think if Dawson is coming, they would have announced it already. 

The "reason" that the Dawson announcement was being held up was because they were waiting on more departures and then were going to announce multiple hires all at once.  But if no one else is departing, then it is curious it hasn't been announced yet.

I guess Hedley and I can keep our fingers crossed for Busch.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

The "reason" that the Dawson announcement was being held up was because they were waiting on more departures and then were going to announce multiple hires all at once.  But if no one else is departing, then it is curious it hasn't been announced yet.

I guess Hedley and I can keep our fingers crossed for Busch.

They need to get Dawson hired and let him get to work recruiting if he is the one.  It's stupid to wait for others to possibly get hired before you announce his hiring.  

2 hours ago, Dewiz said:

FWIW according to Sean Callahan, Joseph isn’t coming 

In my mind this makes a lot more sense than him leaving LSU for NU.

Let's see, you just win a NC with arguably one of the better teams in CFB history, have an outstanding WR corps, are one the best recruiters on the team and operate in a state and area of the country that is overflowing the high end talent that are jumping at the chance to play for you.

And you want to leave that to go to a school that is currently irrelevant, has 2 less wins in the last 3 years combined than you had just in this year, has had losing record 4 of the last 5 years and exists in a virtual recruiting wasteland for high end talent compared to where you are at.

Yep, who wouldn't just at that chance /.

• Plus1 3
45 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

They need to get Dawson hired and let him get to work recruiting if he is the one.  It's stupid to wait for others to possibly get hired before you announce his hiring.  

At this point, I don't think announcing a week earlier or later matters. We're not in on any OLBs for the last spot in the Feb signing day as far as I know, and an extra week of contact with a coach in January is not making or breaking a recruits decision for December. Plus I think it's the dead period until the end of this week anyway. If there's any chunk of time where it does not matter whether a coach is officially hired or not, it's now.

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

In my mind this makes a lot more sense than him leaving LSU for NU.

Let's see, you just win a NC with arguably one of the better teams in CFB history, have an outstanding WR corps, are one the best recruiters on the team and operate in a state and area of the country that is overflowing the high end talent that are jumping at the chance to play for you.

And you want to leave that to go to a school that is currently irrelevant, has 2 less wins in the last 3 years combined than you had just in this year, has had losing record 4 of the last 5 years and exists in a virtual recruiting wasteland for high end talent compared to where you are at.

Yep, who wouldn't just at that chance /.

Fact, he was never interested

22 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Fact, he was never interested

Opinion or more accurately wild guess. 

Y'all have no idea what Joseph's motivations or aspirations are and really don't know if he was ever in the fold. Maybe he just wants more money. Maybe he wants to come in as a co-oc which is not happening at LSU as they already have 2. Then our offense has a jump and he looks like genius and can take a full OC job wherever he wants.  He could just miss being in Nebraska.