Glad no staff movement this offseason

BoNeyard

7 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

They need to get Dawson hired and let him get to work recruiting if he is the one.  It's stupid to wait for others to possibly get hired before you announce his hiring.  

Eh, it's still the dead period.  There's not a ton of recruiting going on right now anyway - especially for someone coming in cold.  A few days will make basically no difference.

• Plus1 1

It could be Dawson is already hired.  (i have no idea but I would wager he has been.)  I don't think it matters in the short term whether it's announced or not especially during the dead period.    There's a lot of background work he could be doing right now like reviewing film of the current offers for his position group and determing who he likes.  Getting certified so that he can get on the road to recruit when the time comes.  Getting a residence & moving.  I am sure they are not sitting around twiddling their thumbs.   Plus the February sigining date is not that critical anymore.   

Also they can get fill-in guys to recruit on the road on a temporary basis if a full-time coach is unable.  I would think job transition more than qualifies.   We have done it in the past with grad assistant Tavita under Riley. 

Plus the job has to remain open for a certain length of time I think?  Can anyone expound on that?

12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That makes being an ordinary schmuck more interesting. 

13 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Frosts ship has closed lips....even my buddy who fed me all the Frost hiring info has nothing...so top 5 boosters for the program dont even know crap these days....

Couple names I heard floated for ST gig, Sean Snyder (KSU)and Dan Jackson (SDSU)

50 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So if Walters is not vested in Nebraska and he is interviewing left and right for HC or OC play calling Job why keep him around? If true I don’t care if Frost likes him what best for NU

I think this is more of a "corporate" feel to things...these coaches are always looking for the next gig until they get "the gig" and I think most staffs are okay with it and probably even helpful about it...this is not like sitting at your cube (not you, just in general) and quickly checking out Linkedin and then closing out of the window when you think your boss is walking by.

8 minutes ago, Mary Pats BOB said:

Couple names I heard floated for ST gig, Sean Snyder (KSU)and Dan Jackson (SDSU)

Sean Snyder?  Now that's interesting.   That could be a steal.

Also think Dan Jackson would be a really good add due to his relentless recruiting work.   I think Jackson and Held are similar with how hard they recruit and the ties that they have. 

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

Eh, it's still the dead period.  There's not a ton of recruiting going on right now anyway - especially for someone coming in cold.  A few days will make basically no difference.

Two pretty important weekends coming up with 2021 kids on campus next couple weekends. Be nice to have a full staff in place. If we are making a splash hire might be good to announce today or tomorrow so the place is "buzzing" Friday when they get here. 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Two pretty important weekends coming up with 2021 kids on campus next couple weekends. Be nice to have a full staff in place. If we are making a splash hire might be good to announce today or tomorrow so the place is "buzzing" Friday when they get here. 

That is kind of the general consensus from everyone but still nothing lol 

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So if Walters is not vested in Nebraska and he is interviewing left and right for HC or OC play calling Job why keep him around? If true I don’t care if Frost likes him what best for NU

Coaches interview all the time. That being said no one truly knows if Walters is even interviewing just like no one knows who is being hired. "Insider" info in this situation isn't worth much as you can see.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Coaches interview all the time. That being said no one truly knows if Walters is even interviewing just like no one knows who is being hired. "Insider" info in this situation isn't worth much as you can see.

I thought Walters was texting his every movement to the insiders. This is so disappointing.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1