Glad no staff movement this offseason

BoNeyard

4 hours ago, runningblind said:

FullSizeR1(3).thumb.jpg.2b4473b02947adee29049a02fd4ce783.jpg

https://twitter.com/HuskerFBNation/status/1217816289781129216

https://huskers.com/news/2020/1/16/dawson-returns-to-nebraska-football-staff.aspx

Held is now recruiting coordinator and Austin is run game coordinator according to the article.

Hmm...we have a chance to bring some new coaching blood in and go back to a guy that was just here in 2018?  Were the NY Giants great at the OLB position this year? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Hmm...we have a chance to bring some new coaching blood in and go back to a guy that was just here in 2018?  Were the NY Giants great at the OLB position this year? 

I hope we hired him back because he is the best available coach we could get and not just because he is comfortable.

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I hope we hired him back because he is the best available coach we could get and not just because he is comfortable.

I'm pretty dang confident that Frost didn't wake up the day after Dewitt told him he was leaving and think....Hmmm......I'm not comfortable going out and finding a good coach.  I think I'll just call up someone I've coached with before even though he sucks.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Golden had a career in sacks coming off injury. Carter had a career high in sacks. Oshane had 4.5 sacks as a rookie. Actually, all of their OLBs had career highs in sacks. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Why am I still hearing that Walters is gone? This is an odd situation 

I have absolutely no inside information, but with Baylor having a HC now and LSU needing some assistants, etc. There is still a lot of potential for guys to shift and move around.

4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I was told the same thing today....that is all I am hearing now. Still keep an eye on Helfrich is all I'm hearing surrounding the replacement 

The 247 crew said today on a podcast that Mickey Joseph was indeed contacted by Nebraska. For sure they will nab 2 other analysts then. One for special teams & and one offensive analyst.

FWIW: They said that Helfrich had multiple options. Don’t think there’s anything more to it than that. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Decked said:

The 247 crew said today on a podcast that Mickey Joseph was indeed contacted by Nebraska. For sure they will nab 2 other analysts then. One for special teams & and one offensive analyst.

FWIW: They said that Helfrich had multiple options. Don’t think there’s anything more to it than that. 

Joseph was asked about being in the role of Walter's is what I was told. Also told Walter's may have been let go officially today and to keep an eye on Helfrich to replace now. I'm not as confident in this info as I was the Frost info a couple years back FWIW 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Joseph was asked about being in the role of Walter's is what I was told. Also told Walter's may have been let go officially today and to keep an eye on Helfrich to replace now. I'm not as confident in this info as I was the Frost info a couple years back FWIW 

“let go” ? As in this was Frost’s decision?

50 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

So we would have no WR coach. What could go wrong?