Glad no staff movement this offseason

BoNeyard

47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm going to be "that guy" and commit blasphemy against Husker Nation.

I would prefer Brown to stay where he's at and bring in another really good college coach.

I'm with you.  Brown has been a great coach for NU, but I would rather have someone younger and who would be a better recruiter.  I also am not a fan of Brown's speaking out against the LGBTQ community and the statements he has made in the past.

I think Brown is a good asset to have for young men with a strong faith and share similar beliefs, but I would rather not have him in a public assistant coach with the team.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
57 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm going to be "that guy" and commit blasphemy against Husker Nation.

I would prefer Brown to stay where he's at and bring in another really good college coach.

Brown is the fall safe and hes fine with that.

21 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm with you.  Brown has been a great coach for NU, but I would rather have someone younger and who would be a better recruiter.  I also am not a fan of Brown's speaking out against the LGBTQ community and the statements he has made in the past.

I think Brown is a good asset to have for young men with a strong faith and share similar beliefs, but I would rather not have him in a public assistant coach with the team.

I respect your opinion, but i just find it ironic when someone who believes in people's freedoms (in this case to be in favor of LGBTQ rights), in the same token doesnt want a guy with opposing beliefs to be "in a public" position.  It seems very hypocritical.    To be fair that would be like Brown saying someone with LGBTQ beliefs shouldnt be in a public position...

Edit: probably belongs off topic, just the irony of these types of situations goes beyond your comment to a large portion of people on both sides of issues.  I guess human beings are hypocrites, i can be a hypocrite too.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
Just now, BigPeterJ said:

I respect your opinion, but i just find it ironic when someone who believes in people's freedoms (in this case to be in favor of LGBTQ rights), in the same token doesnt want a guy with opposing beliefs to be "in a public" position.  It seems very hypocritical.    To be fair that would be like Brown saying someone with LGBTQ beliefs shouldnt be in a public position...

That's not what I am saying.  Brown's beliefs are his beliefs and he has a right to speak out, but he has used his position as a NU football coach escalate his platform against LGBTQ rights.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That's not what I am saying.  Brown's beliefs are his beliefs and he has a right to speak out, but he has used his position as a NU football coach escalate his platform against LGBTQ rights.

Im not saying i agree with Brown, but then would you also say that it would be wrong if a coach used his position as a platform to support LGBTQ rights?  For the record i believe everyone should be loved.  And everyone is loved by our maker.

1 minute ago, BigPeterJ said:

Im not saying i agree with Brown, but then would you also say that it would be wrong if a coach used his position as a platform to support LGBTQ rights?

I shouldn't have brought a political discussion into this thread, and the mods can move if they want.  I don't think a coach should use their position to politicize their beliefs, one way or the other.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I shouldn't have brought a political discussion into this thread, and the mods can move if they want.  I don't think a coach should use their position to politicize their beliefs, one way or the other.

Fair enough.  I can understand what you mean.  Dabo uses his platform after almost every game to mention Jesus, and so do alot of coaches/players.  I can see both sides to it.  For one i can see why it could annoy some people cause i really dont think God cares who wins a football game.  So in a way it can be a lil rediculous.  But i believe Kapernick, Dabo, and others have the right to use their platform however they want.  Its just their opinion.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BigPeterJ said:

Fair enough.  I can understand what you mean.  Dabo uses his platform after almost every game to mention Jesus, and so do alot of coaches/players.  I can see both sides to it.  For one i can see why it could annoy some people cause i really dont think God cares who wins a football game.  So in a way it can be a lil rediculous.  But i believe Kapernick, Dabo, and others have the right to use their platform however they want.  Its just their opinion.

I don't have an issue with a player praising God, Allah, or whomever they may believe for giving him/her the ability to play in a sport or make it through the game healthy.  I agree with you in that there is no way God cares who wins, and it was awful when Dabo mentioned that after Clemson beat Ohio State in the CFP semifinal.

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't have an issue with a player praising God, Allah, or whomever they may believe for giving him/her the ability to play in a sport or make it through the game healthy.  I agree with you in that there is no way God cares who wins, and it was awful when Dabo mentioned that after Clemson beat Ohio State in the CFP semifinal.

After these last 20 years, it is very clear God hates Nebraska.

• Haha 7
20 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am a believer, and i even think its rediculous to think God decided you would win that game.  But from their perspective, i think they are just trying to mention his name to get people to consider their God, in hopes that maybe they will give Him a thought or two, and who knows, maybe it will lead to them finding the truth.  So i respect it, but also agree that God doesn't care who wins a sporting event...unless their is a far deeper reason like some fan/player possibly needed the win to keep them alive or maybe a losing fan/player needed it to humble themselves..who knows.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1