Jump to content
BoNeyard

Glad no staff movement this offseason

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m truly interested. 
 

Is there more to this HC rumor than internet board fodder?

 

I know EZ-E says he’s heard he interviewed. Anything else?

 

Seems like OC is more likely. 

No but to be fair that is all we have on him and Beckton leaving in general

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m truly interested. 
 

Is there more to this HC rumor than internet board fodder?

 

I know EZ-E says he’s heard he interviewed. Anything else?

 

Seems like OC is more likely. 

 

Some of the media guys have mentioned they expect at least one and maybe 2 more changes. That's lol the more concrete they'll get though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Lot of pages in this one brother.

 

I guess I’m just an echo.

I have a feeling this thing is going 40+. Especially if more changes come.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'm assuming, since it's rumored that Joseph is in the mix here, these changes will be announced either tomorrow or Wednesday.

 

Still don't understand why Walter's HC position isn't announced yet if he really is getting one.  That seems like maybe he interviewed for a couple, message boards found out about it and now it's grown to....its a done deal.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, I'm assuming, since it's rumored that Joseph is in the mix here, these changes will be announced either tomorrow or Wednesday.

 

Still don't understand why Walter's HC position isn't announced yet if he really is getting one.  That seems like maybe he interviewed for a couple, message boards found out about it and now it's grown to....its a done deal.

I agree on Walters. But at the same time why would Joseph be in the mix if Walters wasnt leaving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, I'm assuming, since it's rumored that Joseph is in the mix here, these changes will be announced either tomorrow or Wednesday.

 

Still don't understand why Walter's HC position isn't announced yet if he really is getting one.  That seems like maybe he interviewed for a couple, message boards found out about it and now it's grown to....its a done deal.

The thing is there are 3 options and 2 of those options seem alot less likely than the 3rd. It's hard to see Walter's making a lateral move on his own accord and it's hard for me to imagine Frost moving him along at this point. It's all reading tea leaves at this point but HC makes the most sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree on Walters. But at the same time why would Joseph be in the mix if Walters wasnt leaving?

Walters might be leaving.  But, not for a HC position.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

The thing is there are 3 options and 2 of those options seem alot less likely than the 3rd. It's hard to see Walter's making a lateral move on his own accord and it's hard for me to imagine Frost moving him along at this point. It's all reading tea leaves at this point but HC makes the most sense 

OC with play calling wouldn't be a lateral move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Walters might be leaving.  But, not for a HC position.

OC with play calling wouldn't be a lateral move.

You may be right but if the pay is the same that doesn't seem like a step up to me when he has been rumored a soon to be HC for years. I get your angle of radio silence but at the same time it would be kinda the same deal if he is taking an OC job somewhere else. Why wouldn't that have been announced yet? They are keeping this thing close to the vest in any case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You may be right but if the pay is the same that doesn't seem like a step up to me when he has been rumored a soon to be HC for years. I get your angle of radio silence but at the same time it would be kinda the same deal if he is taking an OC job somewhere else. Why wouldn't that have been announced yet? They are keeping this thing close to the vest in any case.

I would think that lots of assistant positions haven't been filled yet.

 

I could be very wrong.  I hope he gets whatever position he wants.  Or...if he stays, game on....Frost obviously thinks he's still the guy for the job.

 

If he's that hot of a commodity for a HC position some day, we should be very happy to have him on our staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would think that lots of assistant positions haven't been filled yet.

 

I could be very wrong.  I hope he gets whatever position he wants.  Or...if he stays, game on....Frost obviously thinks he's still the guy for the job.

 

If he's that hot of a commodity for a HC position some day, we should be very happy to have him on our staff.

I could be wrong as well. Just my take on the information we have. This is an absolute shot in the dark but I suppose an OC/assistant HC position at a place like Baylor might be viewed as a step up. I don't think he has the resume to be the head man at Baylor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Walters really wants a HC job, at this point the only thing he will get is FCS (and it looks like there are only 3 openings right now) or lower.  I could also see a move to the NFL as an assistant if he doesn't want to deal with recruiting anymore.

 

 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another option for Walters is a NFL assistant coach.  I know all of the vacant head coaching jobs have been filled, but there is still movement in the assistant coaching ranks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Another option for Walters is a NFL assistant coach.  I know all of the vacant head coaching jobs have been filled, but there is still movement in the assistant coaching ranks.

Walters would be money ahead to wait a couple seasons to the time NU is actually doing well - then he has something to really sell as HC or OC at elite P5 or NFL spot.  IMO 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Walters would be money ahead to wait a couple seasons to the time NU is actually doing well - then he has something to really sell as HC or OC at elite P5 or NFL spot.  IMO 

I agree, but Frost could be "forcing" Walters out or strongly suggesting that he find a new role elsewhere, even if it's less $ or a demotion in title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...