Merry +1mas 2019

"So when we bought our house a few years ago, I always thought the trees that framed the front of the house would make perfect gnomes at Christmas. This year, I finally decided to take it on and figure out how to make something that was big enough to pop from street level, while at the same time, remain weatherproof and able to withstand wind.  So I devised a plan to create the beard with cut up strips of plastic tablecloths from Dollar Tree to weave into chicken wire like a huge latch-hook rug.  Then came the task of figuring how to hang it securely into the tree.  Two wire hangers threaded through either side of the chicken wire made for the perfect solution.  After the beard came together, the next challenge was the nose.  I sacrificed one of my huge Tupperware bowls - painted it and attached it with another wire hanger. We threw on a makeshift brim to his hat with the rest of the red mesh roll that was left over from making the pom pom that tops his hat. Today, my plan is to go to JoAnn’s and get some faux fur to cut in a strip to replace the makeshift red brim to make him look a little more Nordic. Overall, I’m tickled with how he came out and he seems to be making quite an impact on those driving through to view our annual neighborhood Christmas displays." - 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1