Adrian Martinez Medical Procedure

knapplc

8 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

And also make it very clear to opposing teams that he was seriosuly hurt. Now that was probably clear from the film, but if they're not confirming injuries there's a chance it's something that could clear up over the course of the season. So you have to prepare for a healthy Martinez whether that's who is on film or not. If he says Martinez has a shoulder issue that will require offseason surgery, you can definitely prepare for the Martinez you've seen.

Maybe that slight doubt of whether he can get healthy or not isn't worth it, but I am sure internally it was made very clear to Martinez that the critics won't know the whole story and that's just how it goes.

I was more talking about Frost coming clean after the Iowa game than during the season.

But the whole dog and pony show of warning up AM with the #1s pre-Indiana was just plain useless.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I was more talking about Frost coming clean after the Iowa game than during the season.

But the whole dog and pony show of warning up AM with the #1s pre-Indiana was just plain useless.

Oh yeah true, after the season not sure. I guess the Iowa post-game presser is really more about that game than the season as a whole, I feel like he's dodged a few questions with some variation of "we'll talk about that after the season." If the Iowa post-game doesn't count, I'd expect some updates in the signing day presser.

I sure hope the best for AM and that he heals well.  With that said, I am curious of when the injury was first experienced and if this was truly the cause for his poor performance on the field.  It seems like the performance may have been a mixture of things over the course of the season, and I hope they all can be corrected and he can be at his best when the 2020 QB competition heats up.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I sure hope the best for AM and that he heals well.  With that said, I am curious of when the injury was first experienced and if this was truly the cause for his poor performance on the field.  It seems like the performance may have been a mixture of things over the course of the season, and I hope they all can be corrected and he can be at his best when the 2020 QB competition heats up.

I think Martinez was dealing with leg injuries the first half of the year, which finally came to a head in the Northwestern game.

Against Purdue he took a big hit on this left shoulder in the first quarter, as he was diving for the goal line.  This is the drive after the Darrion Daniels interception return which set up the offense at the Purdue 2-yard line.  The play which he was injured was on 3rd down of that drive.  I thought Frost should have gone for it on 4th and goal from the 1-2 yard line, but if Martinez was injured, it makes sense to get the FG team out there.  Against Purdue, there were limited backups available because Vedral was still recovering from his own injury and McCaffrey didn't make the trip because of illness and injury.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

By getting it out in public and letting everyone know what AM was playing through (as well as the other QBs who were reportedly injured), it think it would help to limit the criticism of AM

Actually, it would just transfer the criticism to Frost because he is playing an injured quarterback instead of one of his backups.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1