Adrian Martinez Medical Procedure

knapplc

2 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

Stillborn wouldn’t be shocked to hear a clean up procedure on his knee at the beginning of next year.  Also think something is up with his throwing shoulder as well still

I think his right shoulder is jacked.  Against Iowa he had a harness on his left arm to help with shoulder stability (might have had it on earlier).  I still think we hear he has shoulder surgery on the throwing arm.....

• Fire 1

The non-throwing shoulder injury explains his launching the ball everywhere except on target.  It really brings the judgment of the decision to play him into question, knowing it creates havoc in the results.  Once bit by the injury bug it is easy to get bit over and over.  And Adrian seemed to get bit a lot.

• Thanks 1

Early in the season I had heard that Adrian was playing with a bum shoulder but nothing to back it up and he was playing so I thought nothing of it... The day after the Iowa game I was told by the same person that Adrian was going in or had gone in for surgery.  but again, never seen any conformation until now..  That being said, why was frost playing Adrian injured..??  I understand not playing Mccaffrey but why not Vedral..??

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ScawFraw said:

Still doesn't make sense why Mccaffery wasn't playing the 2nd half against Iowa.  Why leave an injured, underperforming AM in over LM?  What's the endgame?

How many times did AJ Epenesa hit Martinez? We weren't blocking him, so you put McCaffrey in (who may be your starting QB next year) and Epenesa gets a magic hit on McCaffrey and now your 2020 starter is hurt.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

How many times did AJ Epenesa hit Martinez? We weren't blocking him, so you put McCaffrey in (who may be your starting QB next year) and Epenesa gets a magic hit on McCaffrey and now your 2020 starter is hurt.

Playing to not get injured is how you get injured. This is football 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Playing to not get injured is how you get injured. This is football 

It's a four-quarter game, but we have to take them one game at a time. You gotta leave it all out on the field. Give 110%. Be a real high-motor guy. A coach on the field. Pin your ears back.

Cliches are fun.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's a four-quarter game, but we have to take them one game at a time. You gotta leave it all out on the field. Give 110%. Be a real high-motor guy. A coach on the field. Pin your ears back.

Cliches are fun.

I get it but don't say I was scared he would get tackled hard and couldn't play 9 months down the road for next year. We all know AM is starting the opener next season anyways 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, madrat said:

It really brings the judgment of the decision to play him into question, knowing it creates havoc in the results.

14 minutes ago, ScawFraw said:

Still doesn't make sense why Mccaffery wasn't playing the 2nd half against Iowa.  Why leave an injured, underperforming AM in over LM?  What's the endgame?

The biggest reason the coaches would've left AM in the game is because they felt he gave them the best chance to win.

I'm not saying the coaches are perfect, but we have no choice but to trust them with personnel decisions like this. Speculating that McCaffery should've played in the second half over AM suggests that he would've provided more overall value than AM. I think that's a really, really tough thing to gauge from our perspective.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1