I hope Luke says put

KC Sker

4 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Our quarterbacks came to Nebraska knowing Martinez was here.

Smothers is coming in knowing Martinez, Vedral and McCaffrey are all here.

And they might leave if they have a chance to play somewhere else and don’t think they will here. 

It happens all the time. Some guys don’t get offered by the team they wanted to play for their entire childhood, don’t want to watch at the school that offered them, and end up slumming in Louisiana.

• Fire 3

1 hour ago, broganreynik said:

I could maybe see Dylan McCaffrey heading there, but I highly doubt Luke would make the move.

It would such a significant step down for either of the McCaffrey kids.  Going from 2 of the top programs traditionally in college football to a losing program in FCS wouldn't make sense to me at all.  I get wanting to play for your father, but Luke already did that in high school.  I don't think the kids need the connection to their dad anymore.

• Plus1 4
13 hours ago, Hayseed said:

And they might leave if they have a chance to play somewhere else and don’t think they will here. 

It happens all the time. Some guys don’t get offered by the team they wanted to play for their entire childhood, don’t want to watch at the school that offered them, and end up slumming in Louisiana.

Might.

But won't.

On 12/12/2019 at 8:20 PM, 10_point_buck said:

Yeah, only voices to consider in here are the ones who post constantly......right?  Anyone thinking aloud.....lock it up.  SMDH

seeing as how this is an internet message board; yeah...thinking out lout is pretty much exactly what I am doing, LoL. Sorry to burst you bubble but that's what a place like this is for.

On 12/13/2019 at 10:21 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

It would such a significant step down for either of the McCaffrey kids.  Going from 2 of the top programs traditionally in college football to a losing program in FCS wouldn't make sense to me at all.  I get wanting to play for your father, but Luke already did that in high school.  I don't think the kids need the connection to their dad anymore.

Tradition is pretty much the only thing we are clinging to at this point, along with a little hope. I agree, most kids probably want to set out on their own away form their parents and make their own way; but The fact of the matter is:

- we are big 10 bottom feeders in the weaker division

- we haven't been to a bowl in the last 3 years

--we have only won 2 bowl games since 2010 (IIRC)

- haven't won a conference championship since 99

-no division championships since 2012

-1 winning season since 2015

-we are basically a dumpster fire on all 3 sides of the ball at any given time

- play calling is suspect at best on offense (especially this year)

-our coach came in with tons of hype (well deserved) and bit c$%ky and has had his A$* handed to him at every turn and blames player buy in as the root cause of loosing.

Now, you look at all that as a top level or decent recruit and think as bad as things have been, you should be able to get some early playing time and be apart of rebuilding a traditional blue blood program. When you cant play your way onto the field because coach seems determined to play another guy come hell or high water, for whatever reason....one may start looking at other options. For the record, I never said this would or will happen, I am hoping it doesn't...so just chill. I was only posting recent events connected to a potentially great player on our team.

Most husker fans unfortunately live in the past and still see us a Blue chip program when we are just not at this point. Sorry to be the turd in the punch bowl, but these are the cold hard facts. Things will eventually get better, and I know Scott is our guy, but it still looks like we have a long way to go....just sayin.

GBR!

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
2 hours ago, KC Sker said:

seeing as how this is an internet message board; yeah...thinking out lout is pretty much exactly what I am doing, LoL. Sorry to burst you bubble but that's what a place like this is for.

Tradition is pretty much the only thing we are clinging to at this point, along with a little hope. I agree, most kids probably want to set out on their own away form their parents and make their own way; but The fact of the matter is:

-our coach came in with tons of hype (well deserved) and bit c$%ky and has had his A$* handed to him at every turn and blames player buy in as the root cause of loosing.

Now, you look at all that as a top level or decent recruit and think as bad as things have been, you should be able to get some early playing time and be apart of rebuilding a traditional blue blood program. When you cant play your way onto the field because coach seems determined to play another guy come hell or high water, for whatever reason....one may start looking at other options. For the record, I never said this would or will happen, I am hoping it doesn't...so just chill. I was only posting recent events connected to a potentially great player on our team.

Most husker fans unfortunately live in the past and still see us a Blue chip program when we are just not at this point. Sorry to be the turd in the punch bowl, but these are the cold hard facts. Things will eventually get better, and I know Scott is our guy, but it still looks like we have a long way to go....just sayin.

GBR!

Well you left out about as many facts as you included and they seem to be the positive ones.  So don't be sorry for being the turd in the punch bowl - just continue to know that you are.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, KC Sker said:

GBR!

Here is my only concern with roster management. I think Frost and Co showed they need some growth in the roster management as it relates to the RS rule.  I know we were rarely in a spot to get guys playing time vs we have no one healthy so you are in, but some guys getting in for one snap was ridiculous......IF the staff knew AM was hurt and not able to perform, but stuck with him regardless, I think that could cause QB's to look at options.  I think it could effect culture/trust in the staff etc moving forward.  ie SF complains about wanting winners and a guy wants in, but the staff won't give him a shot or has jacked up the RS that they can't let him play....IMHO, a healthy Noah or Luke gave  us a better chance to win than a hobbled AM....IMO, AM has a shoulder injury that will require off season  surgery.  I am sure they'll try rehab and then if it doesn't work, Jan he will have surgery....

3 hours ago, KC Sker said:

GBR!

I agree with most of what you are saying.  However, we still have the sea of red fan support (at least for now), which gives us a recruiting advantage over the other 5-7 teams of the world.  I still believe HCSF is the guy, but it's going to take a few more years.

Luke needs to be given serious consideration to start next year or at the very least keep Martinez on a very short leash.  I know the sample size is small, but Luke appears to be a faster "blinker", better passer and a better running than Martinez.  HCSF's evaluation needs to be weighted toward game performance.   A QB might look great in the green jersey Monday-Friday, but it doesn't mean much if he's not getting it done on Saturday when he's taking hits.  

4 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Well you left out about as many facts as you included and they seem to be the positive ones.  So don't be sorry for being the turd in the punch bowl - just continue to know that you are.

You are correct. There are many positive things that were not stated and many positive things going on with the program. Unfortunately, winning football games is not 1 of them at this time. That was 1 of the main the point of the post; I thought it was quite obvious but apparently it was over your head LoL. I wont be so subtle next time.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

GBR!

4 hours ago, lo country said:

Here is my only concern with roster management. I think Frost and Co showed they need some growth in the roster management as it relates to the RS rule.  I know we were rarely in a spot to get guys playing time vs we have no one healthy so you are in, but some guys getting in for one snap was ridiculous......IF the staff knew AM was hurt and not able to perform, but stuck with him regardless, I think that could cause QB's to look at options.  I think it could effect culture/trust in the staff etc moving forward.  ie SF complains about wanting winners and a guy wants in, but the staff won't give him a shot or has jacked up the RS that they can't let him play....IMHO, a healthy Noah or Luke gave  us a better chance to win than a hobbled AM....IMO, AM has a shoulder injury that will require off season  surgery.  I am sure they'll try rehab and then if it doesn't work, Jan he will have surgery....

100% agree; If AM was either injured or for whatever reason lost his mojo and they stick with him to point its a detriment to the players health or to the team; that just makes no sense.

I believe it was the Iowa game where Luke comes in, provides a spark, throws a TD, starts to get us back in to game then gets shown the bench is just mind boggling to me. I believe AM came in a lead a TD drive at some point after that, but then pretty much stunk it up the rest of the game (I believe that's how it happened any way, going off the top of my head here). That was just 1 of many head scratching moments this season as it relates to personnel and play calling. I think Scott has a lot of room to grow in many aspects of being a HC but he will get thinks fixed, I have no doubt

3 hours ago, Skeeball said:

I agree with most of what you are saying.  However, we still have the sea of red fan support (at least for now), which gives us a recruiting advantage over the other 5-7 teams of the world.  I still believe HCSF is the guy, but it's going to take a few more years.

Luke needs to be given serious consideration to start next year or at the very least keep Martinez on a very short leash.  I know the sample size is small, but Luke appears to be a faster "blinker", better passer and a better running than Martinez.  HCSF's evaluation needs to be weighted toward game performance.   A QB might look great in the green jersey Monday-Friday, but it doesn't mean much if he's not getting it done on Saturday when he's taking hits.  

For sure; I dont care if we loose all the games, I will be rooting for BIG RED no matter what and the fan base is special for sure.

The best guy or the best available guy at that given time needs to be on the field at all positions, especially at QB.  We'll get er figured out, no doubt, but its just tough to watch sometimes.

3 hours ago, Skeeball said:

At one point this season, in an interview with Noah he said the success in Frost's system is predicated on quick decisions.  Watching Game Day this morning and speaking about Burrow they said that what makes/made him so effective this season was he was a fast blinker.  Able to make reads incredibly fast, progress through them and make the right decisions.  Injury or too much info to sift through (full play book?) AM 2.0 has become a slow blinker.....