Frost will fix 20+ years of crap

10 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

Frost is in yr 4 of his HC career.  He had to rebuild depth that had been mismanaged for the better part of a decade.  He is still evolving as a play caller and game manager.  The good part is he has all the support and rope he needs imo.

Our current AD, the same man who is supporting Frost big time and over the long haul, also feels that Solich was part of a three man legacy that should have continued ad infinitum.  I find it hard to see Moos's expressed thoughts as iron clad wisdom.  He does have me feeling a bit differently now about just what Frost is challenged with and what he wants to accomplish, but that feeling is also laced with another feeling:  that Scott Frost is limited and he was fine in assistant jobs and a HC job in a cushy conference. 

55 minutes ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

Our current AD, the same man who is supporting Frost big time and over the long haul, also feels that Solich was part of a three man legacy that should have continued ad infinitum.  I find it hard to see Moos's expressed thoughts as iron clad wisdom.  He does have me feeling a bit differently now about just what Frost is challenged with and what he wants to accomplish, but that feeling is also laced with another feeling:  that Scott Frost is limited and he was fine in assistant jobs and a HC job in a cushy conference. 

Again, he is in yr 4 of his HC career and will develop.  I do think had Solich remained the wheels wouldn’t have completely come off but the dominance was over.  For all those that think different...frank is coaching in the Mac with no better offers after being let go.  Bo is coaching an fcs school and barely holding on to that.  I don’t know what moos said that leads you to believe he’s moved the goal posts long term.  I think he’s asked for patience as the rebuild takes time....again fixing recruiting mismanagement that’s existed for well over a decade as well as development and culture issues.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, N is for nowledge said:

Again, he is in yr 4 of his HC career and will develop.  I do think had Solich remained the wheels wouldn’t have completely come off but the dominance was over.  For all those that think different...frank is coaching in the Mac with no better offers after being let go.  Bo is coaching an fcs school and barely holding on to that.  I don’t know what moos said that leads you to believe he’s moved the goal posts long term.  I think he’s asked for patience as the rebuild takes time....again fixing recruiting mismanagement that’s existed for well over a decade as well as development and culture issues.  

Except for the "..(Frost) will develop," I am in agreement with the rest of that post.  As to the "I don’t know what moos said that leads you to believe he’s moved the goal posts long term" it's just my take on the man's words.  I mentioned somewhere else that lately (after all these losses, many which really honestly should/could have been wins) I get the feeling that Moos is very nervous about the way things are transpiring and that he's PR managing that nervousness with grandiose remarks about the future.. I sometimes feel he's basically talking to the people who pay him, along with us, of course. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

• Fire 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, you're proclaiming right now that Frost will never have an undefeated season in the Big 10.

Hmmm.....ok.

lmao at "proclaiming."   Suggesting feels more like what I'm thinking.  Pretty close to believing he will never have an undefeated season in the Big 10.. yeah.  I just think he's real good in places like UCF or maybe he could follow Solich at Ohio and do pretty well.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

I get the feeling that Moos is very nervous about the way things are transpiring and that he's PR managing that nervousness with grandiose remarks about the future.. I sometimes feel he's basically talking to the people who pay him, along with us, of course. 

The people who pay Moos are on the same page he is.

Frost's extension wasn't just from Moos.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

IMHO, cold hard reality is that Frost has yet to do anything that has resulted in any changes from the Riley error.  Recruiting is "better", but it has yet to translate to wins on the field.....Something he was brought in to change.  The dumpster fire that was Riley got to go bowling in 2 seasons and the wins were just as few and far between as with Frost. Frost gets and deserves time.  Every new coach does/should except Riley.  I hated that hire.....I think Bill Parcel  said "Potential is because they haven't done anything yet".  That's where I am.  Frost has potential.  But at NU, I have more questions than answers.......2020 and 2021 are looking to be much harder than 2019 was ........The players need to improve, but so does this staff.

• Plus1 1