Frost will fix 20+ years of crap

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You know who else expected Scott Frost to do better?

Scott Frost.

I think this is the biggest difference between Frost and some of the guys we have had in the past. His expectations are as high as the fans are and he will not be satisfied with anything less than great. Obviously things haven't gone as planned but that is over now. The question at this point is what are you gonna do about it? I take Frost as the type to look for any and every way to get better

• Fire 2

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, we will know in a couple years if Frost gets the systemic lift Nebraska needs. He's not going anywhere. 

But some of us who've been following Husker football since the days of Larry Frost expected Scott Frost to do a little better with what he was given. 

You know who else expected Scott Frost to do better?

Scott Frost.

And you know why he expected better because he a winner.  He won’t be satisfied with 9 wins and a whale trophy.  He came he to swing for the fences.  First he needs to get enough players on the team to play the game.

46 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

And you know why he expected better because he a winner.  He won’t be satisfied with 9 wins and a whale trophy.  He came he to swing for the fences.  First he needs to get enough players on the team to play the game.

We had the players to win the first half against Colorado and the second half against Iowa and the entire game against the likes of Indiana and Purdue. Last year's 0-6 start included several winnable games.  Some talented players didn't play consistently. Focus and motivation seemed to be an issue. Fans got used to Nebraska finding ways to lose, because offense, defense and special teams collectively lacked a killer instinct. 

Other teams made good halftime adjustments. More often than not, Nebraska didn't, coming out of the locker room and actually playing worse. Chinandar stuck with schemes and players who were not working. You could say Scott Frost got out-coached in most of our losses and you would not be wrong. Nebraska made less talented teams look good. 

Sometimes throwing the talent under the bus is the easiest thing to do, but it's not always accurate or fair. While waiting for the flood of four stars to arrive, Scott Frost needs to figure out what he can do better.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

And Scott and his entire staff need to learn to coach and stop letting us beat ourselves and actually adapt/adjust during the game.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

Or not lose the game himself because he made atrocious in game decisions.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We had the players to win the first half against Colorado and the second half against Iowa and the entire game against the likes of Indiana and Purdue. Last year's 0-6 start included several winnable games.  Some talented players didn't play consistently. Focus and motivation seemed to be an issue. Fans got used to Nebraska finding ways to lose, because offense, defense and special teams collectively lacked a killer instinct. 

Other teams made good halftime adjustments. More often than not, Nebraska didn't, coming out of the locker room and actually playing worse. Chinandar stuck with schemes and players who were not working. You could say Scott Frost got out-coached in most of our losses and you would not be wrong. Nebraska made less talented teams look good. 

Sometimes throwing the talent under the bus is the easiest thing to do, but it's not always accurate or fair. While waiting for the flood of four stars to arrive, Scott Frost needs to figure out what he can do better.  

Truth.

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

True. He’s responsible for at least two losses. I’m thinking Colorado and Purdue. 

Seemed to me there was a change in tone after the Minnesota game. Maybe the bleak outlook to the season got to him or maybe it was players attitudes and crappy play, but recruiting got quiet and he seemed to be robotically reading from a script. In hind sight, I think that’s when the staff shifted gears and started recruiting Jucos and going others while being silent about it. 

This December signing day has benefits, but how hard must it be to build a decimated program from scratch,  dealing with Mo/Hunt/Legrone, recruiting -while coaching in season. Only so much to go around. 

And the contract extension came out of the blue. I know it’s a common practice during recruiting season to extend, but makes me wonder if a high profile recruit (or two) wanted some assurance that he’d be around for the duration 

9 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

And the contract extension came out of the blue. I know it’s a common practice during recruiting season to extend, but makes me wonder if a high profile recruit (or two) wanted some assurance that he’d be around for the duration 

Green, Moos, Osborne and donors....don't want Frost going anywhere 

There's $150 million facility in the works.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 3
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I’ve been clear that frost and co have room to grow.  Keep in mind this was his 4th yr as a head coach,  this is what we signed up for and not sure why anyone would expect any different.  Success was always going to be achieved here by allowing SF enough rope, time and support to fix the last 20 yrs and develop the team and himself as a play caller and coach.  I’m really not sure why anyone thought any different.  Did he get out coached at times, sure.  Did our lack of talent and depth also cost us those same games, absolutely.  Contrary to the belief of some two things can be true at the same time.  I know this for a fact.  SF cares more than you, me, and likely many others in that building and will do what it takes toge5 back on track.  He’s the first coach since Solich I can say that about with any honesty.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I was starting to question whether we'd be able to fill out the 2020 recruiting class with our underwhelming 5-7 performance, but things are starting to shape up nicely, including a strong LB class.

I would think that an underwhelming performance might actually HELP land some recruits.  Coach goes in and says, "We really need some linebacker help, we are razor thin in the depth chart and struggling with the starters."  Recruit thinks, "I have a shot at playing right away and not having to wait until I am a 5th year Senior to see the field."  Of course, saying the same thing about your O-line isn't going to help anybody land a quarterback.:clap

Just spit balling here, so I can't defend this silver lining in a dark cloud.