Frost will fix 20+ years of crap

I’ve seen across threads people blaming all of the current situation on mike Riley.  No Riley apologist but let’s be clear, Frost is cleaning up the mess of the last 20+ years.  That includes mr, bo, cally, and yes Solich.  As much good as TO did for our university as HC he really screwed it multiple times as an AD.  The administration also deserves as much blame as can be thrown their way.  

I know now this may hurt many of the bo apologists who think the man falls just short of god but thems the facts.  

It will take time and that’s because of the amount of damage that can occur over 4 coaches and 20+ years.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I agree with the OP. The job isn't just fixing Riley's mess. Bo and Callahan inflicted their own types of damage as well. I'm not sure Solich contributed much beyond just not being as good as Tom.  But Cally threw the baby out with the bath water and Bo, even though he reestablished some toughness and a certain level of winning, kind of did a number on his way out. Add in MR's ten-ply soft culture after all that and it is a much bigger job than any of us probably realized.

Frost definitely has some learning to do as well and it will just depend if he is willing to adapt and learns when he needs to stop being so loyal and committed to certain players and coaches. I have no doubts that his level of commitment to getting the Huskers back to where they belong is second to none. People talking about staff changes and questioning his decisions are plum effing nuts. Like it or not, we have to give him the time to learn and get it right. Considering the expectations and where this program was, it's probably the biggest rebuild job ever attempted in major college football.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

14 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree with the OP. The job isn't just fixing Riley's mess. Bo and Callahan inflicted their own types of damage as well. I'm not sure Solich contributed much beyond just not being as good as Tom.  But Cally threw the baby out with the bath water and Bo, even though he reestablished some toughness and a certain level of winning, kind of did a number on his way out. Add in MR's ten-ply soft culture after all that and it is a much bigger job than any of us probably realized.

Frost definitely has some learning to do as well and it will just depend if he is willing to adapt and learns when he needs to stop being so loyal and committed to certain players and coaches. I have no doubts that his level of commitment to getting the Huskers back to where they belong is second to none. People talking about staff changes and questioning his decisions are plum effing nuts. Like it or not, we have to give him the time to learn and get it right. Considering the expectations and where this program was, it's probably the biggest rebuild job ever attempted in major college football.

This x10000.   Frost is in yr 4 of his HC career.  He had to rebuild depth that had been mismanaged for the better part of a decade.  He is still evolving as a play caller and game manager.  The good part is he has all the support and rope he needs imo.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Frost definitely has some learning to do as well and it will just depend if he is willing to adapt and learns when he needs to stop being so loyal and committed to certain players and coaches. I have no doubts that his level of commitment to getting the Huskers back to where they belong is second to none.  People talking about staff changes and questioning his decisions are plum effing nuts.  Like it or not, we have to give him the time to learn and get it right. Considering the expectations and where this program was, it's probably the biggest rebuild job ever attempted in major college football.

How do these co-exist in your argument?

• Plus1 2