The Right to Carry a Gun

9 hours ago, commando said:

have to take my daughter to the dentist tomorrow.   think 1 glock  will be sufficient?  or should i take an ar, the glock, a .45, some grenades and a few knives with me just in case some gun nut shows up with bad intent?

You are going to the dentist...the only nut there will be the dentist.  Hahaha

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That’s  pretty pathetic. And a prime example of what is do wrong with so much on the internet. 

I'm finding it difficult to find anything reputable about this specific channel, kind of as expected.

But how about the Virginia situation in general?  Because for all intents and purposes, it does indeed look a bit like we are taking baby steps to completely disarm citizens starting with Virginia.  I don't know that this leads to some nationwide epidemic that leads to America becoming a dictatorship, worst case obviously, but if this happens what does that mean for the rest of the country?

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm finding it difficult to find anything reputable about this specific channel, kind of as expected.

But how about the Virginia situation in general?  Because for all intents and purposes, it does indeed look a bit like we are taking baby steps to completely disarm citizens starting with Virginia.  I don't know that this leads to some nationwide epidemic that leads to America becoming a dictatorship, worst case obviously, but if this happens what does that mean for the rest of the country?

You'll need to come up with some form of actual reputable source on this "disarmament" before I get alarmed.  

• Plus1 2
58 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You'll need to come up with some form of actual reputable source on this "disarmament" before I get alarmed.  

From what I'm hearing, it's the way they the changes to the laws are being worded.  People are afraid they will be open to interpretation that can be manipulated into disarmament.

7 minutes ago, Redux said:

From what I'm hearing, it's the way they the changes to the laws are being worded.  People are afraid they will be open to interpretation that can be manipulated into disarmament.

I have no legal experience.  But generally, if a law is worded poorly (which this one probably is) and put into effect, someone will sue; especially if the 2nd Amendment is at stake.  The courts would most likely either throw the law out or Virginia would have to word it better.

Either way, no responsible gun owner  is getting "disarmed" until the Supreme Court allows it.

Am I way off base?

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I have no legal experience.  But generally, if a law is worded poorly (which this one probably is) and put into effect, someone will sue; especially if the 2nd Amendment is at stake.  The courts would most likely either throw the law out or Virginia would have to word it better.

Either way, no responsible gun owner  is getting "disarmed" until the Supreme Court allows it.

Am I way off base?

You are not off base. Any attempt at unilateral disarmament would be challenged legally, and would fail under the 2nd Amendment.

These are scare-mongering stories, much like the eight years of "Obama's gonna take our guns!" 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You are not off base. Any attempt at unilateral disarmament would be challenged legally, and would fail under the 2nd Amendment.

These are scare-mongering stories, much like the eight years of "Obama's gonna take our guns!" 

They are purposely freaking people out so that they overreact and do something stupid like actually take the Governor hostage.  If that happens, all of a sudden disarmament is a real option on the table.  The dumbest gun toting citizens are being played by both sides.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Redux said:

They are purposely freaking people out so that they overreact and do something stupid like actually take the Governor hostage.  If that happens, all of a sudden disarmament is a real option on the table.  The dumbest gun toting citizens are being played by both sides.

Can I borrow your tinfoil hat?

• Plus1 1