The Right to Carry a Gun

11 minutes ago, Redux said:

They are purposely freaking people out so that they overreact and do something stupid like actually take the Governor hostage.  If that happens, all of a sudden disarmament is a real option on the table.  The dumbest gun toting citizens are being played by both sides.

Stupid people getting "freaked out" by something they don't even take the time to try to understand is not the fault of government.  

Even if there was an uprising that resulted in the kidnapping of the governor, there would still be legal procedures to overturn the Constitution, and it won't happen.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Redux said:

No, make your own!

What part of that sounds crazy though?  You really don't think both sides aren't manipulating the dumb gun nuts?

The part where they are making these laws to get people to take the governor hostage so then at that point they can take the guns away. That's pretty far fetched

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Stupid people getting "freaked out" by something they don't even take the time to try to understand is not the fault of government.  

Even if there was an uprising that resulted in the kidnapping of the governor, there would still be legal procedures to overturn the Constitution, and it won't happen.

It's not their fault, it's the nuts fault.  But causing the freakout is something that happens daily.  Mainstream media thrives off manipulation.

Of course.  But these idiots freaking out and shooting themselves in a panic at a gun rally is exactly the card the anti gun/pro disarmament crowd wants to happen.  If I were them, I'd encourage the nuts to be nuts.  It's smart.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

The part where they are making these laws to get people to take the governor hostage so then at that point they can take the guns away. That's pretty far fetched

That's not what I said.

Just now, Redux said:

It's not their fault, it's the nuts fault.  But causing the freakout is something that happens daily.  Mainstream media thrives off manipulation.

Of course.  But these idiots freaking out and shooting themselves in a panic at a gun rally is exactly the card the anti gun/pro disarmament crowd wants to happen.  If I were them, I'd encourage the nuts to be nuts.  It's smart.

Yet the only media source "manipulating" nuts you've posted was from a conspiracy site...

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

That's not what I said.

20 minutes ago, Redux said:

They are purposely freaking people out so that they overreact and do something stupid like actually take the Governor hostage.  If that happens, all of a sudden disarmament is a real option on the table.  The dumbest gun toting citizens are being played by both sides.

What exactly are you saying then? 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Yet the only media source "manipulating" nuts you've posted was from a conspiracy site...

I guess if you want to believe everything the major outlets say at face value.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

What exactly are you saying then? 

That post was in respons to the conspiracy stories, not the law changes.  Stop trying to twist my words please.

1 minute ago, Redux said:

That post was in respons to the conspiracy stories, not the law changes.  Stop trying to twist my words please.

I'm not trying to twist anything, I'm trying to make sense of your posts. Right wing propaganda is purposely freaking people out so the people will take the governor hostage, is that what you are trying to say? 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm lost...

So was you're original post siting the YouTube video about the Virginia situation an example of how crazy people are manipulating people to be crazier, or how the government is finding a way to disarm citizens?

Those are two entirely different conversations.

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm not trying to twist anything, I'm trying to make sense of your posts. Right wing propaganda is purposely freaking people out so the people will take the governor hostage, is that what you are trying to say? 

You accused me of saying the laws are aimed at freaking people out.  You're clearly not reading this in the context it's mean to be.  I don't know if that's on purpose or not...

41 minutes ago, knapplc said:

These are scare-mongering stories, much like the eight years of "Obama's gonna take our guns!" 

30 minutes ago, Redux said:

They (THE SCARE MONGERING STORIES)are purposely freaking people out so that they overreact and do something stupid like actually take the Governor hostage.  If that happens, all of a sudden disarmament is a real option on the table.  The dumbest gun toting citizens are being played by both sides.

I guess I don't know how to make this any clearer?  :dunno

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe provide an alarmist source that's from what is typically called the "mainstream media"???  :dunno

I'm talking in general, not this specific storynor topic.  I'm not going down this road again.  I don't trust the media to report the news without pushing narratives, that's all.

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

You accused me of saying the laws are aimed at freaking people out.  You're clearly not reading this in the context it's mean to be.  I don't know if that's on purpose or not...

I guess I don't know how to make this any clearer?  :dunno

Not on purpose just trying to figure out what you are saying. This doesn't make sense to me because why would right wing propaganda (only places putting out the fear mongering stories) end objective be disarmament via convincing people they need to take the governor hostage? Any way you slice it that post is extremely far fetched.

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, Redux said:

You're the one that brought up "mainstream media".  I thought you were implying they were manipulating people pertaining to Virginia and guns.  :dunno

I'm confused.