The Right to Carry a Gun

So podcasting later tonight and gun control is going to be the main topic, would love for anyone to throw out any bullet points they think would be great talking points or maybe some questions to ask and discuss.  The Virginia issue will be discussed in detail at the top I'm sure.  Any input is appreciated.

1 hour ago, Redux said:

So podcasting later tonight and gun control is going to be the main topic, would love for anyone to throw out any bullet points they think would be great talking points or maybe some questions to ask and discuss.  The Virginia issue will be discussed in detail at the top I'm sure.  Any input is appreciated.

I don't know how to put it into one easy bullet point.  But, I would like to hear from people from either side what are their ideas to solutions outside of their main talking point.

Meaning, one side thinks gun control is the solution. The other side thinks guns are NOT the solution.  Great....But, why does America have so many people who believe shooting people is what they want to do......how do we make those people not want to do that and how do we keep guns away from people who want to do that?

Another one for me is, there are people who don't want red flag laws.  OK....so if you learn that someone you know is becoming violent and that person is thinking about a mass shooting and they have guns, what do you do and what do you expect law enforcement to do?

1 hour ago, Redux said:

The influence of the NRA on politics, the interpretation of the 2nd amendment, growth of gun nut culture, and the ramifications for society.

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, Redux said:

For or against?  This is a pretty broad topic that could take a lot of time to dissect, maybe some specific parts of it?

Either. Maybe you could look at which side is donating more money. Obviously you can follow this angle on any issue but things usually get pretty interesting when you start to follow the money.

16 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Either. Maybe you could look at which side is donating more money. Obviously you can follow this angle on any issue but things usually get pretty interesting when you start to follow the money.

And the grassroots level initiatives - it's been interesting to see Moms Demand Action and the FL kids get a lot of traction and really threaten the NRA.  Would love to learn more about the dollars behind the NRA from companies vs. those to the opposite side, and small donations to the NRA vs. those to the opposite side.

Also - newly passed legislation will allow the FDA to do research - when is the estimated first analysis due?

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Redux said:

Noted, this will likely be an intro to that subject all together.  Money alone could take all night I bet.

Certainly and it will likely take you to other issues all together. But it is definitely an important part of the discussion.

1 minute ago, NM11046 said:

And the grassroots level initiatives - it's been interesting to see Moms Demand Action and the FL kids get a lot of traction and really threaten the NRA.  Would love to learn more about the dollars behind the NRA from companies vs. those to the opposite side, and small donations to the NRA vs. those to the opposite side.

Also - newly passed legislation will allow the FDA to do research - when is the estimated first analysis due?

This would be a fantastic approach imo. See what the people are putting their money behind compared to corporate interests