The Right to Carry a Gun

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How so.....pertaining to this issue. 

You meant to quote me

It was implied that Regan in the 60's passed bills against the Black Panthers because race.  Almost 60 years later, the world is a different animal and racial tension is different and protest against gun law rights being taken away is different than black panther rallies.

So I don't think I'm off base saying they are different things.  And as I noted, this isn't a whites only crowd in VA although I'm certain the majority shifts that way.

23 minutes ago, Redux said:

You meant to quote me

It was implied that Regan in the 60's passed bills against the Black Panthers because race.  Almost 60 years later, the world is a different animal and racial tension is different and protest against gun law rights being taken away is different than black panther rallies.

So I don't think I'm off base saying they are different things.  And as I noted, this isn't a whites only crowd in VA although I'm certain the majority shifts that way.

Really???  Trumper friends of mine act like Black Lives Matter is even worse than The Black Panthers. 

So, if there’s a BLM rally with everyone showing up with AR 15s you don’t think that would move the needle?

• Plus1 4
47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really???  Trumper friends of mine act like Black Lives Matter is even worse than The Black Panthers. 

So, if there’s a BLM rally with everyone showing up with AR 15s you don’t think that would move the needle?

Nobody said anything about BLM, they said "what if it weren't white men".  And it's not all white men.  You are bringing up BLM.

26 minutes ago, Redux said:

Nobody said anything about BLM, they said "what if it weren't white men".  And it's not all white men.  You are bringing up BLM.

Ummmm....yeah????  The Black Panthers were mentioned before. I said that many Trumpers swats the two. So, if there were a BLM rally with everyone carrying AR15s, many Trumpers would have a different reaction. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ummmm....yeah????  The Black Panthers were mentioned before. I said that many Trumpers swats the two. So, if there were a BLM rally with everyone carrying AR15s, many Trumpers would have a different reaction. 

And in this hypothetical BLM rally, are they peacefully mingling amongst other races in the hopes of protecting their 2nd amendment right?  I guess I'm not sure what any of this fairy tale has to do with the topic at hand.

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

And in this hypothetical BLM rally, are they peacefully mingling amongst other races in the hopes of protecting their 2nd amendment right?  I guess I'm not sure what any of this fairy tale has to do with the topic at hand.

It's not a hypothetical. A few years ago, some black guys replicated an Open Carry demonstration at a fast food restaurant and the results were decidedly different. This surprised absolutely no one.

I'm glad the demonstration went off peacefully, but according to Twitter, these might have been the though balloons going over some of those heads:

gun tweets.jpg

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's not a hypothetical. A few years ago, some black guys replicated an Open Carry demonstration at a fast food restaurant and the results were decidedly different. This surprised absolutely no one.

I'm glad the demonstration went off peacefully, but according to Twitter, these might have been the though balloons going over some of those heads:

gun tweets.jpg

It surprises me...I never even heard of it.

Also, a bunch of white guys in camo carrying guns in the streets also surprises me.