The Political Cartoon Thread

18 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

You better explain this one - I don't get it.

*SPOILER ALERT FOR A 30 YEAR OLD MOVIE*

Thelma and Louise are in a car and this is the look they give each other before speeding off a cliff into a canyon and killing themselves instead of allowing the police to take them in.

The meme: Democrats and Republicans are driving the US off a cliff.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The schtick is we're supposed to believe someone is equally critiquing both parties. "Look how neutral I am."

Never claimed to be neutral. I dislike the GOP but I'll vote for a Republican 1000x over a Democrat with the current state of the left. But both parties are spending this country into the dark ages. Hence, the meme.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Thanks for the clarification @knapplc and @deedsker  - I can see that now -

I disagree wt the diagnosis in the 'cartoon'.   

I'm not a fan of budget destroying spending as @ActualCornHusker  notes as well.  However, the current situation is fully in the hands of the GOP.  A GOP Senate (and previously controlled house) and a president that voted in a unneeded tax cut that had a temporary boast to the economy but has faded and has primarily enriched the fat cats.  We have a president who is going it alone on too many fronts to name and who stirs up division at every opportunity.  I'd say right now Trump and party are doing a pretty good job of driving that car off the cliff. Trillion $$ deficits and we aren't even in a hot war. So NO excuse for that type of reckless spending.  And they call themselves conservative :laughpound

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Thanks for the clarification @knapplc and @deedsker  - I can see that now -

I disagree wt the diagnosis in the 'cartoon'.   

I'm not a fan of budget destroying spending as @ActualCornHusker mentions notes as well.  However, the current situation is fully in the hands of the GOP.  A GOP Senate (and previously controlled house) and a president that voted in a unneeded tax cut that had a temporary boast but has faded and has primarily enriched the fat cats.  We have a president who is going it alone on too many fronts to name and who stirs up division at every opportunity.  I'd say right now Trump and party are doing a pretty good job of driving that car off the cliff. Trillion $$ deficits and we aren't even in a hot war. So excuse for that type of reckless spending.  And they call themselves conservative :laughpound

Well in the meme, the GOP is the one driving the car off the cliff.

• Plus1 1