The Political Cartoon Thread

17 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

It's amazing how quickly R's come around to straight-up cutting voters checks when they realize their seats in Congress are actually in serious jeopardy.

It's also amazing how voters will abandon their principles simply because it's their party doing the things they would typically be against...

7 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It's also amazing how voters will abandon their principles simply because it's their party doing the things they would typically be against...

I kind of find myself on the opposite boat.

If the GOP wants to cut me a check to save their own hides in Novermber, I'll cash it happily.

And then I'll vote against the f#ckers even more happily when the time comes. 

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

It's amazing how quickly R's come around to straight-up cutting voters checks when they realize their seats in Congress are actually in serious jeopardy.

Funny I was thinking about this earlier.  How do we come up with money for an emergency but don't do the right thing in the regular budget - financing many things that we need.  

The cartoon shows the duplicity of GOP lawmakers. 

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I kind of find myself on the opposite boat.

If the GOP wants to cut me a check to save their own hides in Novermber, I'll cash it happily.

And then I'll vote against the f#ckers even more happily when the time comes. 

My wife and I were talking about this last night.  We would put it into savings "just in case" we need it in the next few weeks/months.  But as soon as life gets back to normal, it goes to pay off debt.

I'm not going to use it to stimulate the economy it, but I guess I'll take whatever help with loan forgiveness as possible.

57 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

A person can hold the belief that everyday people need help and also just throwing cash at a problem is stupid.  Those aren't even close to being mutually exclusive.