The Political Cartoon Thread

9 hours ago, Moiraine said:

If the bridge collapse was a universal awful day, then every day is an awful day. 

Maybe us having an ex President who is running again and is the clear nominee of a major party needing to sell Bibles for 59.99 to help pay his legal bills and about 1/3 of the country still thinks he's amazing and will probably buy them up thinking it gets them a little closer to heaven.

• TBH 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe us having an ex President who is running again and is the clear nominee of a major party needing to sell Bibles for 59.99 to help pay his legal bills and about 1/3 of the country still thinks he's amazing and will probably buy them up thinking it gets them a little closer to heaven.

Totally agree 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Totally agree 

Got a question for you because, I think you probably live in a very Republican area like me where so many of your friends have supported Trump and most still do.

Are you open with your friends that you don't support Trump anymore?  I've learned to be very cautious about that.  I have a small/close group of friends that know I've never supported him (but they have) and we kid each other a lot back and forth about it.  But, most people who are Trump people, are so into him that it just becomes and argument so I don't say anything.

you?

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Got a question for you because, I think you probably live in a very Republican area like me where so many of your friends have supported Trump and most still do.

Are you open with your friends that you don't support Trump anymore?  I've learned to be very cautious about that.  I have a small/close group of friends that know I've never supported him (but they have) and we kid each other a lot back and forth about it.  But, most people who are Trump people, are so into him that it just becomes and argument so I don't say anything.

you?

This is a good question!

Two days ago was the first time in a LOOOOOONG time that I saw an old dude wearing a Trump hat.  It was sort of like a double take moment, like whoooaaaa.  I have not seen one in forever.  

I have one trump friend for sure, an old retired teacher friend.  That is it as far as I know.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I live in an area with a Democrat as House Representative just fyi.   Been a Democrat more often than a Republican since I’ve lived in my house.  

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can quite honestly say I don’t really talk politicians with any of my friends.   If we talk about things outside of sports or kids it’s generally about news events.  The discussions sometimes have a political bent to them but usually not and usually doesn’t incorporate a specific politician.   

My arms length acquaintances wouldn’t have a clue about what party I support and i like it that way.  My close acquaintances know which way I lean when it comes to politics based on discussions about life, but I have never in my life had a heated discussion with a friend or family member to where politics has affected our feelings towards each other.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I live in an area with a Democrat as House Representative just fyi.   Been a Democrat more often than a Republican since I’ve lived in my house.  

I can quite honestly say I don’t really talk politicians with any of my friends.   If we talk about things outside of sports or kids it’s generally about news events.  The discussions sometimes have a political bent to them but usually not and usually doesn’t incorporate a specific politician.   

My arms length acquaintances wouldn’t have a clue about what party I support and i like it that way.  My close acquaintances know which way I lean when it comes to politics based on discussions about life, but I have never in my life had a heated discussion with a friend or family member to where politics has affected our feelings towards each other.  

That was me pretty much up until 2016.  But, I live in a MAGA world where everyone just assumes everyone loves Trump and there are people who are very vocal about it.

Heck, not in my home town, but just this week I was at a hotel bar in Birmingham Alabama.  Just sitting there minding my own business enjoying my scotch and shrimp and grits.  I'd been there a couple days and knew that some of the restaurants in the area were out of some items because they were so busy over the weekend because of a huge concert.  

In walks these two guys and sit beside me.  We get to talking.  They mentioned the place down the street not having some food and then blurted out...."Well, if we could get Trump back in, that wouldn't happen".  Me and the other two people in the bar just rolled our eyes and immediately knew they were idiots.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That was me pretty much up until 2016.  But, I live in a MAGA world where everyone just assumes everyone loves Trump and there are people who are very vocal about it.

Heck, not in my home town, but just this week I was at a hotel bar in Birmingham Alabama.  Just sitting there minding my own business enjoying my scotch and shrimp and grits.  I'd been there a couple days and knew that some of the restaurants in the area were out of some items because they were so busy over the weekend because of a huge concert.  

In walks these two guys and sit beside me.  We get to talking.  They mentioned the place down the street not having some food and then blurted out...."Well, if we could get Trump back in, that wouldn't happen".  Me and the other two people in the bar just rolled our eyes and immediately knew they were idiots.

you should have started talking about the bathroom being out of TP...oh wait...that was when trump was president.    lol

• Oh Yeah! 1
38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

In walks these two guys and sit beside me.  We get to talking.  They mentioned the place down the street not having some food and then blurted out...."Well, if we could get Trump back in, that wouldn't happen".  Me and the other two people in the bar just rolled our eyes and immediately knew they were idiots

That would be annoying.   Best to ignore and carry on with your dinner which it sounds like you did.  
What’s with the grits by the way?  Awful stuff:) 

I’m on the road with overnights one or two nights a week usually.  I hardly ever eat at the hotel bar/restaurant.  The one exception is the Waterford in OKC. I like the bartender and food is decent enough.   Otherwise I try and find some local places to try.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

That would be annoying.   Best to ignore and carry on with your dinner which it sounds like you did.  
What’s with the grits by the way?  Awful stuff:) 

I’m on the road with overnights one or two nights a week usually.  I hardly ever eat at the hotel bar/restaurant.  The one exception is the Waterford in OKC. I like the bartender and food is decent enough.   Otherwise I try and find some local places to try.  

Sometimes you can find good grits.  These were good.  I always like to find local food.  Shrimp in Alabama seemed like the thing to do.

Yeah...I usually like to find a local place.  But, there weren't any within walking distance and I was tired....didn't want to drive more.  Plus, wanted to have a few drinks and didn't have to worry about driving.  This was actually a locally owned place that happened to be in the hotel. 

• Plus1 2

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sometimes you can find good grits.  These were good.  I always like to find local food.  Shrimp in Alabama seemed like the thing to do.

Yeah...I usually like to find a local place.  But, there weren't any within walking distance and I was tired....didn't want to drive more.  Plus, wanted to have a few drinks and didn't have to worry about driving.  This was actually a locally owned place that happened to be in the hotel. 

Good stuff.  

• Thanks 1