Team Awards

spurs1990

6 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Some unexpected choices there. Congrats to all! Is Snodgrass playing ILB still? 

Farniok for sure, when Jaimes has consistently done better all year.  It makes no sense Jaimes is O's MVP when he's not even OL of the year.  Miller?  Barry?  Sullivan?  Martinez for that matter.  I'm guessing this is either given out by the coaches or if the players voted them the internal communications among players contrast starkly with the public impressions.  And if it is the coaches making the decisions it alludes to a strange disconnect from what we watched all season.

5 hours ago, madrat said:

Farniok for sure, when Jaimes has consistently done better all year.  It makes no sense Jaimes is O's MVP when he's not even OL of the year.  Miller?  Barry?  Sullivan?  Martinez for that matter.  I'm guessing this is either given out by the coaches or if the players voted them the internal communications among players contrast starkly with the public impressions.  And if it is the coaches making the decisions it alludes to a strange disconnect from what we watched all season.

I am thinking they name the top awards first, and then go down the list and they want to spread the awards out to multiple players.  That's why guys aren't winning multiple awards.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am thinking they name the top awards first, and then go down the list and they want to spread the awards out to multiple players.  That's why guys aren't winning multiple awards.

That's what I thought too, but I don't see a DB of the year so I assume Jackson won that in addition to Defensive MVP. I'm not that surprised to not see Wan'Dale, but I'm betting he'll be a regular the rest of his career. Missing a couple games and parts of others makes it difficult to win season awards, and it took him a few games to get going.

EDIT: LJS shows Bootle as DB of the year, so you're right winning Offensive/Defensive MVP removes you from the position group running.

Edited by Husker in WI
  • Plus1 1
Just now, Husker in WI said:

That's what I thought too, but I don't see a DB of the year so I assume Jackson won that in addition to Defensive MVP. I'm not that surprised to not see Wan'Dale, but I'm betting he'll be a regular the rest of his career. Missing a couple games and parts of others makes it difficult to win season awards, and it took him a few games to get going.

Wan'Dale was great from the Illinois to Purdue games, but like you said he wasn't a big factor for half of the season.  He didn't do much in non-conference games, and was injured in the final 2 games.

5 hours ago, madrat said:

Frost had said he appreciates what Farniok did this season playing out of position......Frost would call that putting team first.