OWH: What’s made the difference for the Huskers the last two games?

I don't think you can take much away from this team game to game. They're still all so new together, with Hoiberg - heck, even living in this town - that you really can't learn much from a huge loss to Creighton or from a good win against Purdue. 

These guys are going to roller coaster all through this season.  There are going to be good wins and bad losses, and probably no post-season.

I know the local guys have to write about something, but these mid-week pieces about "what we've learned" are just guesswork. 

I don't envy them having to find something to write about. Hopefully they write more good stuff like this than bad stuff like after Creighton.

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I don't think you can take much away from this team game to game. They're still all so new together, with Hoiberg - heck, even living in this town - that you really can't learn much from a huge loss to Creighton or from a good win against Purdue. 

These guys are going to roller coaster all through this season.  There are going to be good wins and bad losses, and probably no post-season.

I know the local guys have to write about something, but these mid-week pieces about "what we've learned" are just guesswork. 

I don't envy them having to find something to write about. Hopefully they write more good stuff like this than bad stuff like after Creighton.

I disagree.

Yes, this team is going to have an up and down season.  Feel good games followed by bang-your-head-against-the-wall games.  However, what we can take from these last two games is that there is hope each and every game that they can come out and play like that.  They can even come out against a team that has them over powered in size and play well against them.  

There is a good chance then win against NDU and Texas A&M C.C. and have a three game win streak going into the new year.  If this team can build confidence and keep learning what Hoiberg wants them to do and gain confidence in that vision...they are going to win some games.....and also lose some games.

Before the last two games, I was questioning if they were going to win more than two games the rest of the way.  Now, they have played one good team to overtime and beat other good team by a sizable margin.  

The quote about "trust" in the tweet is true.  Whatever happens, I think this team is going to be a lot more fun to watch the rest of the way compared to how I felt a week ago.

• Plus1 1
On 12/17/2019 at 9:43 AM, BigRedBuster said:

The quote about "trust" in the tweet is true.  Whatever happens, I think this team is going to be a lot more fun to watch the rest of the way compared to how I felt a week ago.

I agree very much.  The "trust" thing comes out on the floor with sharing the ball and not just firing a shot as soon as it's in your possession.  Also I think the coach himself is becoming trusted on more levels, and that's priceless when it comes to improvement. 

That's what I love about basketball;  that thing of being able to see changes like this watching games a couple of times a week.