OLB Terrence Lewis [Maryland Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

53 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Lewis commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

52 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

You think he is over rated? 

A little bit. His neck suggests to me he's closer to being maxed out physically. He doesn't have the rangier body type where you can stack 15-20 lbs on him and it will only make him more explosive. His hips are tight, and he plays upright like a safety. He will get trucked in the BIG if he doesn't correct that. 

I do like that he has long arms and quick twitch but 5 stars seems like a stretch. He is a good prospect though. I would be happy to have him. 

• Fire 2
19 hours ago, Vince R. said:

A little bit. His neck suggests to me he's closer to being maxed out physically. He doesn't have the rangier body type where you can stack 15-20 lbs on him and it will only make him more explosive. His hips are tight, and he plays upright like a safety. He will get trucked in the BIG if he doesn't correct that. 

I do like that he has long arms and quick twitch but 5 stars seems like a stretch. He is a good prospect though. I would be happy to have him. 

When you comment, I listen. Your info is always at least very close to spot on.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
19 hours ago, Vince R. said:

One question now that I have said that. I’m not sure about his timed speed, but does he fit better as a box safety? Almost the rover type? Because based off of our recent pick ups at OLB he doesn’t seem to fit the height/length mold. Unless he could put on a decent 30-40 pounds and sit as an ILB.

36 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

One question now that I have said that. I’m not sure about his timed speed, but does he fit better as a box safety? Almost the rover type? Because based off of our recent pick ups at OLB he doesn’t seem to fit the height/length mold. Unless he could put on a decent 30-40 pounds and sit as an ILB.

I appreciate your kind words. He looks to be a 4.6-4.7 type runner. I don't see him as a box safety, because I don't think he has good enough hip flexibility for coverage at the next level. He is more of a runner hitter type. He has really short legs, and a choppy running style. If he puts on 20 lbs, he will look a lot like how Cory Cooper ran, which was awkward at best. I would put ten lbs on him and let his straight line speed make up for everything. He has to sink his hips though. 

4 hours ago, Vince R. said:

I appreciate your kind words. He looks to be a 4.6-4.7 type runner. I don't see him as a box safety, because I don't think he has good enough hip flexibility for coverage at the next level. He is more of a runner hitter type. He has really short legs, and a choppy running style. If he puts on 20 lbs, he will look a lot like how Cory Cooper ran, which was awkward at best. I would put ten lbs on him and let his straight line speed make up for everything. He has to sink his hips though. 

Does that 6’0 210-215 play anywhere though? It seems too small for a linebacker position. I was with you on the thought that he seemed overhyped, I don’t have the eye for hip flexibility or understanding of running styles and fluidity. But I just don’t know if his overall athleticism isn’t what makes him a great HS player and that he may play well in college but that’s about it. Any thoughts on projection for him through college to an NFL spot. I ask more to see how you think, as you seem to have an eye for more specific abilities than a height/weight build. 

12 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

Does that 6’0 210-215 play anywhere though? It seems too small for a linebacker position. I was with you on the thought that he seemed overhyped, I don’t have the eye for hip flexibility or understanding of running styles and fluidity. But I just don’t know if his overall athleticism isn’t what makes him a great HS player and that he may play well in college but that’s about it. Any thoughts on projection for him through college to an NFL spot. I ask more to see how you think, as you seem to have an eye for more specific abilities than a height/weight build. 

I think he can be incredibly productive in college and in the NFL, I just wouldn't put 5 stars next to his name. 5 stars essentially have no athletic or body flaws. I can see him struggling his first year, and needing time to develop or find the right spot. The BIG would be the toughest league for him to get adjusted to. 

5 hours ago, Vince R. said:

Cooper is sort of a good comparison.  

• seaofred92 changed the title to OLB Terrence Lewis
  • Mavric changed the title to OLB Terrence Lewis [Maryland Commit]