OLB Terrence Lewis [Maryland Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

53 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Lewis commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, EZ-E said:

If we can find a way to win the first 7 games it'll really help recruiting 

Maybe I'm a homer but I don't think that's out of the question(Having 5 of those at home helps).  There is not a team in those 7 games that is far better than us.  Winning those first 3 will be crucial, if we do I think the confidence could be huge going into that Cincinnati game at home.  Minnesota got better as the season went on and I think that had to do with them believing in themselves, which I think is a critical problem for this Nebraska team right now.  Overcome that and you never know what happens next year. 

• Plus1 4

9 hours ago, Beez said:

Maybe I'm a homer but I don't think that's out of the question(Having 5 of those at home helps).  There is not a team in those 7 games that is far better than us.  Winning those first 3 will be crucial, if we do I think the confidence could be huge going into that Cincinnati game at home.  Minnesota got better as the season went on and I think that had to do with them believing in themselves, which I think is a critical problem for this Nebraska team right now.  Overcome that and you never know what happens next year. 

You are quite obviously a homer and having a lot of kool aid it looks like 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Frost redshirted some good players last year.   2020 will see these players and some new ones.   Your going to see more talent at the positions that very sub par during the season,  like wr, rb & lb.

Every year for the next few years I think departures and graduations are good because our talent level with slowly rise with all the new recruiting classes coming in and getting a year older. It’s not just that they are more talented players that also fit the scheme. They have a winning personality which needs to be brought back around here. The existing Riley culture is one of losing and the players learned to accept it. The key is frost needs to start winning so all his recruits dont fall into the same trap. Martinez class has experienced back to back losing seasons. 95% of the 19 class redshirted so they probably don’t take much ownership in last year so I think that class could be the catapult- the first talented class with no real experience losing

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Every year for the next few years I think departures and graduations are good because our talent level with slowly rise with all the new recruiting classes coming in and getting a year older. It’s not just that they are more talented players that also fit the scheme. They have a winning personality which needs to be brought back around here. The existing Riley culture is one of losing and the players learned to accept it. The key is frost needs to start winning so all his recruits dont fall into the same trap. Martinez class has experienced back to back losing seasons. 95% of the 19 class redshirted so they probably don’t take much ownership in last year so I think that class could be the catapult- the first talented class with no real experience losing

Martinez class was put together at the last min. & is partly Riley's class. I think we will be better in 20, but I think we are another away.

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Martinez class was put together at the last min. & is partly Riley's class. I think we will be better in 20, but I think we are another away.

I agree I think we look a lot better this year but probably not till the following year that we will be able to compete for BIG10. Possibly the west this year if they make a big jump- for that to happen Martinez or McCaffrey have to be playing WAAAY better than our QB output last year 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Frost redshirted some good players last year.   2020 will see these players and some new ones.   Your going to see more talent at the positions that very sub par during the season,  like wr, rb & lb.

Agreed and good thoughts ... still, it's all about the OL and DL.  This is where the rebuild and "restore the order" returns the :bigredn: to the helmet.  Pieces are coming in that area but 3-4 years before any type of "pipeline" opportunity occurs.

On 1/11/2020 at 11:21 PM, Beez said:

Nobody remembers that Minnesota damn near lost to 2 FCS and a G5 team in their first 3 last year. We get a chance to work out issues in the first 3 weeks against 3 teams we should be able to step onto the field and be better than until weve got to play a pretty good Cincinnati team. 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to OLB Terrence Lewis [Maryland Commit]
  • seaofred92 changed the title to OLB Terrence Lewis