New Nebraska Recruiting Record

BIG ERN

42 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

This is great....but I remember Texas had a top 5 recruiting class for like 3 or 4 years. I do believe they avg like 9 wins those years. Good recruits are only as good as the coaches. 

Pretty sure we would take a 9 win season here right about now. I was critical of Frost and staff this year but to make a haul like this coming off back to back losing seasons is impressive and atleast something to bring us a bit of optimism going into the off season. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

Last year broke you, huh?

image.thumb.png.02de99b7bd1100013ef361ea2d97bf4d.png

Obviously they have to play well, but would all of you downers have the same "don't care" attitude if this was a poorly ranked class? Or would that be cause for concern?

Man, this year broke me.  Gotta admit.  I was on the hype train like crazy AGAIN this year.  Never again.  Prove it on the field.  Not that hot of a take I wouldnt think.

• Plus1 1

Great recruiting class!!!  Best yet on paper.  Some will be contributors next year, but as usual it'll be 2 or 3 years before we find out whether this Christmas present is a fabrochet egg or a lump of coal.  2018 had a few gems, but was predominately a washout.  2019 had a few more gems, with most of the balance yet to be determined.  GBR!!!

Miami folks are just sure that Nebraska is "dropping bags" to get these recruits.  Hmmmm.

When I was recruited in Nebraska I was offered a lot of things.  An $8000 signing bonus,  all expense paid trip to Europe.  Training in what ever field I chose.  Excellent physical fitness training  and highly directed personnel development programs.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
41 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Miami folks are just sure that Nebraska is "dropping bags" to get these recruits.  Hmmmm.

When I was recruited in Nebraska I was offered a lot of things.  An $8000 signing bonus,  all expense paid trip to Europe.  Training in what ever field I chose.  Excellent physical fitness training  and highly directed personnel development programs.

Nice one grandpa.  TYFYS

1 hour ago, grandpasknee said:

I didn't get the bonus money when I signed.:(

1 hour ago, Skeeball said:

Great recruiting class!!!  Best yet on paper.  Some will be contributors next year, but as usual it'll be 2 or 3 years before we find out whether this Christmas present is a fabrochet egg or a lump of coal.  2018 had a few gems, but was predominately a washout.  2019 had a few more gems, with most of the balance yet to be determined.  GBR!!!

Fabergé egg....

7 minutes ago, jager said:

I didn't get the bonus money when I signed.:(

Neither did I, but was offered.  They were giving bonuses for the combat arms (armor, infantry, artillery), but i was signing up to be in commo.  They tried three times to lure me with the $$$$ but I held fast.  That last day in the induction center, I talked with several potential mechanics, radio repair guys and intel guys that took the $$$ and went to combat arms.  I just shook my head.  LOL.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

We currently have 10 4:star commitments - previous record was 8. We still have the chance of signing one more. 

I get none of this fully matters until we start winning games, but holy sh*t is this flat out impressive. Frost has only won 9 games in 2 years and still can land a class like this. Hats off to Fisher and Held because they should automatically get raises and I would personally toss some cash their way. Not to mention the amount of quality walk-ons we have gotten over the past two years including an OL who started as a freshman last year at Colorado St. I really feel this is the tipping point and we start to see a more complete team next year and in the future. 

#GBR

Remember that one coach we had, I think he coaches a big Hs in Ohio now.....always made excuses, said nobody wanted to come here, etc.....ended up he was just lazy and a horrible recruiter.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1