New Nebraska Recruiting Record

BIG ERN

On 12/18/2019 at 8:30 PM, grandpasknee said:

Neither did I, but was offered.  They were giving bonuses for the combat arms (armor, infantry, artillery), but i was signing up to be in commo.  They tried three times to lure me with the $$$$ but I held fast.  That last day in the induction center, I talked with several potential mechanics, radio repair guys and intel guys that took the $$$ and went to combat arms.  I just shook my head.  LOL.

I went airborne infantry (idiot), but they weren't offering money for that when I joined.

13 hours ago, jager said:

I went airborne infantry (idiot), but they weren't offering money for that when I joined.

13 hours ago, jager said:

Call yourself an idiot if you want, but you are one brave idiot at that.  Well done, and thanks for serving.  When did you serve?

Didn't 2005 have 11 4-stars along with 2 5-star players?   Wouldn't that be the record?

5 stars

Bowman

Lucky  

4 stars

Suh

Potter

Dillard

Octavien

Dagunduro

Hardy

Leon Jackson

Brooks

Beck

Picou

Tomerlin

Some 3stars from that class that made great to good contributions..

Zac Taylor

Barry Turner

Hickman

Cody Glen

As well as a guy that was unrated in Matt Slausen

25 minutes ago, flatwaterfan said:

Didn't 2005 have 11 4-stars along with 2 5-star players?   Wouldn't that be the record?

5 stars

Bowman

Lucky  

4 stars

Suh

Potter

Dillard

Octavien

Dagunduro

Hardy

Leon Jackson

Brooks

Beck

Picou

Tomerlin

Some 3stars from that class that made great to good contributions..

Zac Taylor

Barry Turner

Hickman

Cody Glen

As well as a guy that was unrated in Matt Slausen

Are you looking at Rivals? Because 247 composite has us at 1 5 star(Lucky) and 7 additional 4 star players

• Plus1 1
On 12/25/2019 at 12:57 PM, grandpasknee said:

Call yourself an idiot if you want, but you are one brave idiot at that.  Well done, and thanks for serving.  When did you serve?

During the first gulf war. I went in for college money. Got my BS without any debt. When did you serve?

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Can someone tell me what is the criteria that differentiates a 5 star from a 4 star guy?  What measurements are used, how much is subjective if any?? Also 4 star vs 3 star??

Thanks

The shortest version I can offer is that it’s a projection for team/NFL contribution.   5 stars are your top ~30 players in the country and extremely likely to play in the league.   4 stars are your top 1000, good shot at the NFL, and it goes down from there.   A 3 star is expected to eventually be a major contributor to their college team with a chance at an NFL roster.

Someone else can correct me or do better for sure.  Edit to add:   Sometimes a player who hasn’t attended many/any camps will be significantly lower rated, and the system does favor people who matured physically earlier.   

Edited by dubsker
  • Plus1 1

8 hours ago, dubsker said:

The shortest version I can offer is that it’s a projection for team/NFL contribution.   5 stars are your top ~30 players in the country and extremely likely to play in the league.   4 stars are your top 1000, good shot at the NFL, and it goes down from there.   A 3 star is expected to eventually be a major contributor to their college team with a chance at an NFL roster.

Someone else can correct me or do better for sure.  Edit to add:   Sometimes a player who hasn’t attended many/any camps will be significantly lower rated, and the system does favor people who matured physically earlier.   

i dont think that is quite right. based off of 247, number would be top 350-375

• Plus1 4
On 12/20/2019 at 11:58 AM, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Uncle Luke is a bit upset at Manny Diaz.  I'm sure Coach Frost can put some Miami Bass in the playlist if they are feeling homesick.  

image.png.eb7fa11e5f99a86b09e95a21340271eb.png

I picture our "Con fields" to look something like this scene from Cool Hand Luke:  

26-Crazy-Film-Guy.jpg

• Haha 1