OT Marcus Mbow [Purdue - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

40 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Mbow commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

The Iowa transfer that is arguably a better talent and won't cost us a scholarship in this smaller class. 

I won't disagree with that ... and yet, a "better talent" is a different word than the "huge get" I was looking for better information or description of.  Additionally, the "cost us a scholarship" is probably for a year, right?  Agree with the "smaller class" part.

I was hoping to hear more from folks who have deeper insight into the technique of Ezra and/or the type of player and heart he brings that makes him a "huge get".  This wasn't to debate ... I just can't seem to find much info and was curious.

So, do you have any insight on why you view him as a "better talent"?  What do you like about him?

Thanks Warrior10 ... thanks for coming out to play!

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

I won't disagree with that ... and yet, a "better talent" is a different word than the "huge get" I was looking for better information or description of.  Additionally, the "cost us a scholarship" is probably for a year, right?  Agree with the "smaller class" part.

I was hoping to hear more from folks who have deeper insight into the technique of Ezra and/or the type of player and heart he brings that makes him a "huge get".  This wasn't to debate ... I just can't seem to find much info and was curious.

So, do you have any insight on why you view him as a "better talent"?  What do you like about him?

Thanks Warrior10 ... thanks for coming out to play!

Mbow may have a chance if upperclassmen move on. But we are still very stocked if 1 or 2 people leave or transfer.

Ezra has a very nice frame and most of it is in the upper body, which is good for an OT. He possibly could play inside for us as well but I definitely see us using him on the outside. He is also a walk-on( will get a scholarship very soon) for this school year. For 2021, we have other needs then O-line to take care of to spread the numbers out.

The evaluator in his profile did a nice job explaining what he is good at in the link below. One thing I like is his run blocking is solid. However, his pass blocking was not seen a lot because of the offense he was in, but can always improve with the right coach for someone his size. 

https://247sports.com/player/ezra-miller-46035446/

@HuskermanMike, thanks for your input.  This was helpful to learn more for me.

I had read this last week and noticed his rating of 6 for "feet, quickness and athleticism".  So, I've been curious why others were so high on him as usually it's these type of traits that the board says are awesome and great and that you can't teach these things.  So, for me, it has made me more curious as to why he is such a "huge get".  I get that he's big in size and weighs a lot ... yet, the board has seemed to like the smaller frame guys that have the feet, quickness and athleticism that we can develop and add the size and muscle to.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a chance we take him if Geno doesn’t land with us? Because it seems like he is still quite engaged with the current commits. I figured if he was told we were no longer interested ( due to Ezra Miller) he wouldn’t be as publicly vocal with our commits. Maybe they just built a good relationship 

• Mavric changed the title to OT Marcus Mbow [Purdue - Signed LOI]