2020 Super Six

Mavric

2020 Super Six  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On total career impact went with

Corcoran

Smothers

Betts

Francois

Greene

Morrison

And for more immediate impact I added

Manning

EMC

Scott

Don’t ask me to explain any of them. Tough to pick 6. I realize QB is a crap shoot but thought I’d take a chance that Smothers ends up being the guy sooner rather than later.

Manning= exactly what we needed. Frost says never coached a player like this

Green= yikes...thank you FSU

Francois  = most decorated db in Miami history.....watch out

Corcoran = maybe best get in class. Type of player we see at Wiscy.

Betts= home state stud who wants to make good on hype. 2nd highest ranked recruit in class I believe

Mauga-Clements= anyone who LSU wanted...and I am a Steelers fan so his hair reminds me of Polamalu.

• Plus1 1

I like the RBs (Scott, Morrison both) and think either or both will see the field by perhaps mid frosh year.  

I think Nixon, the coach's son, will be a great one before too long.  He'll be a go to receiver.

The DBs group is particularly good and I think a Big Ten champions caliber.

The LBs are an upgrade in caapability for sure but until we see great LB play on the field in games, I wil keep fingers and toes crossed.

The OL and DL guys will help but I suspect we are still a half dozen short of being properly stocked in this area.  Maybe a few walk ons are quietly toiling in the backroom.

I bet atleast one unknown walkon from a small town will become a starter before the end of 2021. 

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I really think Francois can be a great player for us. 

I just hope the signing day drama doesn’t carry over into his time here with him questioning his decision.....or, his family making him regret it. 

I know kids change their minds alot but if you watch his interview after he signed he seemed relieved and happy with his choice. I think the rumors of people telling him Fisher was leaving are possibly true and if so that may have had alot to do with the signing day drama which is understandable imo. I think after he found out that wasn't true he was good with his decision

• Fire 1

I love the supersix poll concept.   We should have one for the sleeper pick too.  I tried too but the system won't add my poll.   I only had 10 players on the sleeper poll and eliminated all 4 stars and players scoring more than 2% in the super six.

I love the WR group and RB group

This is what I went with...top 3 were easy.

1)  Manning -   Fills a huge need for a big bodied WR that we have been missing under Frost&Riley.  Add in the fact that he is a more mature player as a JUCO just means he will be quicker to go.

2)  Corcoran -  Could jump into depth chart right away like Benhardt.   Still want to see a preservation of the RS.

3)  Betts -  I know I said I was going to pick different positions but I can't.   Best athlete in the class with a sparq of 122.22 and 130.71!   That 130.71 indicates an elite athlete. 

This is were picking gets a little tough...

4)  Greene ran a 4.49!  Dude is fast.   He may need a little time to develop but he's got the speed.  I think he would contribute faster as an OLB and that's a more natural fit but when he bulks up and gets stronger for ILB he will be a terror.

Now it's getting really difficult...

5)  Mauga -  More LB speed at the ILB spot!   A juco so he is a bit more mature physically.  Going to be in the depth chart.  I think he could also be an OLB in coverage if needed.

This is imposible.  I am cheating.

Tie 6)  Scott&Morrison... Scott is physically ready at RB.  A spot that kids can come in and play sooner than later.   He's a running back that can bench 400 lbs and clean&jerk 310.   He is explosive 37" vertical and runs in the 4.5 range.   

Morrison - Big RB with speed.  Prolific rushing numbers!  Proof on the field. 

Sleeper -  Alante Brown.   Versatile.   This guy played mostly QB so he is just scratching the surface of what he can do at WR.  

I get the Person-EL comparisons.  It's a good comparison.  

Butler&Nixon could also have been good sleeper picks.  Smothers could of been top 6.   Gray&Hutmacker are studs.  Good class!