Way too early OLine projection

bhunt7

1 hour ago, EZ-E said:

I can't think of a single transfer rule that would allow a student athlete to transfer to a 4 year as a student and not be allowed to play. 

If they do not accept core credits I know at least one rule that can get someone.  In D1 you have to remain at so many credits per semester,  The NU system as a whole is pretty hard on credit transfers.  But those are admissions office questions.

1 hour ago, madrat said:

If they do not accept core credits I know at least one rule that can get someone.  In D1 you have to remain at so many credits per semester,  The NU system as a whole is pretty hard on credit transfers.  But those are admissions office questions.

If they allowed him as a student they would have had to accept his credits as electives. 

20 hours ago, EZ-E said:

If they allowed him as a student they would have had to accept his credits as electives. 

When I was a player there was a rule about the core credit hours towards a major.  You had to have 40% done by the second year and it increased 20% each year IIRC.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

93. NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS

Highest-graded player: OT Brenden Jaimes – 72.5 (84th)

Nebraska's offensive line did a good job of limiting the number of times their quarterback was put on the ground, as they combined to allow the 27th-fewest sacks and hits. They ranked 60th in pass-blocking grade as a unit but were undone by the fact that they ranked 113th in the run game.

16 hours ago, WVhuskerXX said:

93. NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS

Nebraska's offensive line did a good job of limiting the number of times their quarterback was put on the ground, as they combined to allow the 27th-fewest sacks and hits. They ranked 60th in pass-blocking grade as a unit but were undone by the fact that they ranked 113th in the run game.

If I'm understanding this, they have a proprietary grading system to grade each player. Then they basically add up the line's numbers and also factor in strength of schedule.

I'm really not sure how Iowa ranks #6. Their run game was terrible this year. But I understand sacks and QB hits and factored, also.

29 minutes ago, Undone said:

If I'm understanding this, they have a proprietary grading system to grade each player. Then they basically add up the line's numbers and also factor in strength of schedule.

I'm really not sure how Iowa ranks #6. Their run game was terrible this year. But I understand sacks and QB hits and factored, also.

These rankings don't seem to reflect reality. Nebraska only allowed 5 more sacks all season and gave up fewer sack yardage.  

Against similar opponents (Purdue, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois) Nebraska out rushed Iowa in every game in total yards and only had fewer yards per carry against Minnesota.  

• Fire 1
14 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

These rankings don't seem to reflect reality. Nebraska only allowed 5 more sacks all season and gave up fewer sack yardage.  

Against similar opponents (Purdue, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois) Nebraska out rushed Iowa in every game in total yards and only had fewer yards per carry against Minnesota.  

I assume that during the grading if a OT gets beat and the DE gets a rush on the QB who avoids the sack, that won't show up as a sack, but it will show up as a bad grade for that play by said lineman. So there is more to their evals than simply yards. I hope that made sense. If Cam has high snaps he is going to get dinged. I assume penalties are factored in? False starts, holding etc...

19 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Jaimes

Corcoran

Jurgens

Farniok

Benhart 

No way Turner is gonna come here and start day one. He’s gonna need to get stronger to take on Big Ten DL. Piper is a lot more likely. Him or Wilson. I’d wager that if he did start that would likely be a bad thing. That means not much progression from Wilson, Piper, Lynn, or Hixson. 

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Jaimes

Corcoran

Jurgens

Farniok

Benhart 

If Corcoran comes in and starts as a true freshman, there has been some major failures over the last two years in recruiting and development.  Somewhere, in another thread, someone said that typically, you expect your O linemen to come in and not be really up to being ready to play major rolls for 2-3 years because of physical and technique development.  I strongly believe this.  

Frost has brought in a lot of O linemen before Corcoran's class.  Those are the guys we need to be looking at for starting rolls this year.

17 hours ago, WVhuskerXX said:

93. NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS

If Jaimes is the best we have, then we are in big trouble (based on 2019 performance). I don't recall how many replays I watched this year where Jaimes got beat resulting in a negative play or failure to convert type of situation..but I remember his name being one that I felt always missed or got beat when it counted most. Maybe I am being a little unfair to him, but it's just what I remember from watching replays this season. 

38 minutes ago, Decked said:

No way Turner is gonna come here and start day one. He’s gonna need to get stronger to take on Big Ten DL. Piper is a lot more likely. Him or Wilson. I’d wager that if he did start that would likely be a bad thing. That means not much progression from Wilson, Piper, Lynn, or Hixson. 

I also like Piper, even Nouili if gets a waiver is being overlooked, but Corcoron is our best OL in 20 years....He could possibly beat out Benhart for RT....time will tell. I have not been impressed by Hixson or Wilson at all. I think Tyler Moore is still the only Nebraska player to start on the OL game one as a true FR.

I don't project Corcoran as a day one starter btw, just threw out the possibility. He did play guard in the AA game. Being 6'5 doesn't mean you are automatically a tackle. WI has plenty of guards who were 6'5+. Again, he could beat out Jaimes or Benhart at RT imo. Our O-line has been sub par and we won 5 games for a reason. 

31 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If Corcoran comes in and starts as a true freshman, there has been some major failures over the last two years in recruiting and development.  Somewhere, in another thread, someone said that typically, you expect your O linemen to come in and not be really up to being ready to play major rolls for 2-3 years because of physical and technique development.  I strongly believe this.  

Frost has brought in a lot of O linemen before Corcoran's class.  Those are the guys we need to be looking at for starting rolls this year.

I had said that, yes. In the Osborne era it was so typical to have some redshirt Junior come in and you had never heard of the kid in week 1 of the new season. And he'd be this monster of muscle mass and start dominating from week 1.

I don't think Frost's first class was that great with offensive line recruits but he really hit his stride starting with the 2019 class. To me it's a waste of Corcoran's raw talent and physical giftings to not redshirt him. That's just my personal opinion. There's a kid that could easily play in the NFL with the right amount of hard work and development - best thing for him and everybody is to redshirt him IMO.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Undone said:

I had said that, yes. In the Osborne era it was so typical to have some redshirt Junior come in and you had never heard of the kid in week 1 of the new season. And he'd be this monster of muscle mass and start dominating from week 1.

I don't think Frost's first class was that great with offensive line recruits but he really hit his stride with the 2019 class. To me it's a waste of Corcoran's raw talent and physical giftings to not redshirt him. That's just my personal opinion. There's a kid that could easily play in the NFL with the right amount of hard work and development - best thing for him and everybody is to redshirt him IMO.

I think Corcoran will redshirt but it will be close as I think he will see action as a backup in 4 games. I got it as follows, with a battle between Wilson and Piper for the starting LG spot:

1st team

Jaimes

Wilson / Piper

Jurgens

Farniok

Benhart 

2nd team

Gaylord / Corcoran

Wilson / Piper

Farniok

Hixon

Bando