Way too early OLine projection

bhunt7

What's that German exchange students name that went to Norris (or was it Tri-County?) and Colorado State? He's trying to get a hardship waiver as CSU fired their oline coach. If he doesn't get it, obviously he will red shirt and won't play next fall. If he gets a waiver, does he see the field next fall?

My guess: we're too deep at guard for him to come in and win a starting position or a regular rotation spot. He'll play 4 games, probably mostly ST, and take his red shirt.

EDIT: Nouredin Nouili is his name. 

40 minutes ago, Gage County said:

What's that German exchange students name that went to Norris (or was it Tri-County?) and Colorado State? He's trying to get a hardship waiver as CSU fired their oline coach. If he doesn't get it, obviously he will red shirt and won't play next fall. If he gets a waiver, does he see the field next fall?

My guess: we're too deep at guard for him to come in and win a starting position or a regular rotation spot. He'll play 4 games, probably mostly ST, and take his red shirt.

EDIT: Nouredin Nouili is his name. 

I think Nouili has to sit out 2020 as a transfer.

EDIT:  I didn't read the quoted post all the way through, and didn't see he's applying for a waiver.  My bad.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

True, unless he gets the waiver mentioned in the post you quoted.

Which, nobody can explain the reasoning behind why some players get it and some don't.  So, it's a crap shoot at this point.

My bad, I didn't read that post all the way through.  I agree that it's a total crap shoot on who gets a waiver and who doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Plays like this are a great example of people focusing on the bad things that happen and not giving credit to when things go well.

People like to talk down the offensive line because they're an easy target.  Almost any time something goes wrong, it's easy to say it's the OLine's fault.  Even when it really isn't a lot of the time.

And people don't like to give the line the credit they deserve for plays like this:

Third and 1

On the 9 yard line (condensed field)

Facing the #14 rush defense in the country

With a first-round NFL draft pick on the other side

Into an 8-man box

With our third-string RB

Game on the line

And they blow the Iowa front off so badly that Mazour is barely touched until he's six yards down the field and scores.

#TooCute

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Plays like this are a great example of people focusing on the bad things that happen and not giving credit to when things go well.

People like to talk down the offensive line because they're an easy target.  Almost any time something goes wrong, it's easy to say it's the OLine's fault.  Even when it really isn't a lot of the time.

And people don't like to give the line the credit they deserve for plays like this:

Third and 1

Into an 8-man box

With our third-string RB

Game on the line

And they blow the Iowa front off so badly that Mazour is barely touched until he's six yards down the field and scores.

#TooCute

Interestingly enough I was watching that same play earlier today.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Third and 1

Into an 8-man box

With our third-string RB

Game on the line

#TooCute

What people don’t get is that the play worked, at least in part, due to the fact we don’t just hand off to the RB up the middle every time in that situation. Our O line did a great job on that play...but, the LBs, safeties...etc, still have to make reads really fast (because we very well might do something else) and that slows down their reaction time. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What people don’t get is that the play worked, at least in part, due to the fact we don’t just hand off to the RB up the middle every time in that situation. Our O line did a great job on that play...but, the LBs, safeties...etc, still have to make reads really fast (because we very well might do something else) and that slows down their reaction time. 

Exactly.

Just watch the defender covering the motion man.  We motion into 10 guys in tight formation.  But he stays wide because he's having to protect against the pass.

• Plus1 1