Way too early OLine projection

bhunt7

I thought the tackles were about the same as the previous year in performace.   I thought the guards were not as strong as the previous year.   Center was a work in progress.  Given that I want to upgrade both guards.  I like moving Matt Farniok to right guard as it keeps him on the right side and gives us a bigger guy.  He's more use to the right side play calls.  Plus that's usually the strong run side and that's where his size can come into play.   I like Gaylord playing LG.  I think he would be good in Pass pro and gives us more size.

LT   Jaimes, Bando,Corcoran,Anderson

LG  Gaylord, Hixon,Raridon

C    Jurgens,Farniok,Piper

RG  Farniok, Wilson,Sichterman,Lynn

RT  Benhart, Banks,Fritzche,Conn

22 minutes ago, madrat said:

Shouldn't be too hard for you all to locate the discussion over there to confirm what I just said.  You don't have to believe me so I understand.

Been searching for 30 minutes and I can't find jack squat. Sorry if it's hard for me to believe the coaches post player grades on a private online website that they will move if it becomes public. Why? It doesn't make any sense.

• Plus1 1

That's a great point Buster.   Also I do not think Cam Jurgens is going to lose that starting center spot just based off of the fact that the coaches went ALL IN on him last year.   They shoved all their chips in the pot.  He started and played every game.  They are too heavily invested to not stick with it.  They stuck through the growing pains.  The head coach made it known that he is a believer in Cam's ability and he will play him to prove that he is right.  Right or wrong I don't think it makes a difference.  The guy will play due to that investment.  He's their guy.   Cam improved as the season went along.    I will trust the coaches on this.  

16 minutes ago, flatwaterfan said:

That's a great point Buster.   Also I do not think Cam Jurgens is going to lose that starting center spot just based off of the fact that the coaches went ALL IN on him last year.   They shoved all their chips in the pot.  He started and played every game.  They are too heavily invested to not stick with it.  They stuck through the growing pains.  The head coach made it known that he is a believer in Cam's ability and he will play him to prove that he is right.  Right or wrong I don't think it makes a difference.  The guy will play due to that investment.  He's their guy.   Cam improved as the season went along.    I will trust the coaches on this.  

but are you going to trust what they say to the media or the grading system they posted on a super sekrit website? okay i cant even type that with a straight face. why would the coaching staff even do something so dumb? methinks there are way too many sheep with internet access.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, desertshox said:

but are you going to trust what they say to the media or the grading system they posted on a super sekrit website? okay i cant even type that with a straight face. why would the coaching staff even do something so dumb? methinks there are way too many sheep with internet access.

You have to use a Tor browser to access it.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Been searching for 30 minutes and I can't find jack squat. Sorry if it's hard for me to believe the coaches post player grades on a private online website that they will move if it becomes public. Why? It doesn't make any sense.

Don't waste your time arguing with Madrat.  He enjoys being the board troll. He frequented Huskermax until they ran him off.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Who said the scoring was posted publicly?  I just said it was confirmed when I said the same.  Jurgens public praise did not match the coaches scores.  You can pm people there if you see them discuss it. The results aren't exactly archived for the public consumption.  I doubt coaches are going to bad mouth their own choices.  This staff struggled to publicly give Mills praise all season.  They lavish praise on some more than others.

1 minute ago, madrat said:

Who said the scoring was posted publicly?  I just said it was confirmed when I said the same.  Jurgens public praise did not match the coaches scores.  You can pm people there if you see them discuss it. The results aren't exactly archived for the public consumption.  I doubt coaches are going to bad mouth their own choices.  This staff struggled to publicly give Mills praise all season.  They lavish praise on some more than others.

4 hours ago, madrat said:

I'm not posting the link.  They will just move it if it goes public.  There are probably some posters here with access.  I was shown it when I was over at Huskers Max.  Unfortunately that site is a bit of a dive with the moderator chums with some bad actors.

There's a link with the scores, but if it goes public it will be moved! I call bulls#!t, you don't know anything about the coaches grades for the players. If you do message me a link or simply post it in this thread and prove me wrong. Until then, Cam was our best lineman down the stretch.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

There's a link with the scores, but if it goes public it will be moved! I call bulls#!t, you don't know anything about the coaches grades for the players. If you do message me a link or simply post it in this thread and prove me wrong. Until then, Cam was our best lineman down the stretch.

Subjective opinion is great.  Glad you liked our results for the season.  This team could easily gone with less risky decisions and got to a bowl.  5-7 is not speculation.  Our dramatic coaching decisions made that happen.

Vedral and McCaffrey proved on the field that we had options other than Martinez.  When an injury sidelined Robinson the backups ducked it up.  Nebraska was never short on talent available to play.  Nebraska was short on talent being utilized.

• Plus1 1
Just now, madrat said:

Subjective opinion is great.  Glad you liked our results for the season.  This team could easily gone with less risky decisions and got to a bowl.  5-7 is not speculation.  Our dramatic coaching decisions made that happen.

Vedral and McCaffrey proved on the field that we had options other than Martinez.  When an injury sidelined Robinson the backups ducked it up.  Nebraska was never short on talent available to play.  Nebraska was short on talent being utilized.

Backed off from that 'I know more than all of you cause I have access to coaching grades' schtick real quick. 

• Plus1 1

Did I?  I simply choose not to entertain your argument.  This isn't exactly secret that coaches say one thing and sometimes are doing another.  I'd like to see less hype from our coaches about what they will do and more of them allowing what is already here to get it done.  It's a WIP in the sense they really have a lot of room to improve.  Getting just six wins next year would not be good for the program.