Husker Football In a New Decade

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

We're going to a bowl next year, and will be competitive in 21. They schedule doesn't seem as daunting when you're a decent team.  As soon as they start to believe they can win this thing will take off.  They are close, things aren't nearly as bad as you portray.

Agree. 

Think we could be alright in '21.

By mid decade, we will know if we have progressed or not.  I’d hope during the decade we could win the west, anything more is just the Kool Aid talking, nothing more.  Seems to be a lot of Kool Aid flowing on this thread as we are in the middle of a total rebuild with a green coaching staff.  Santa can only grant so many wishes at  once !

13 hours ago, Treand3 said:

Agree. 

Think we could be alright in '21.

I think the team could be good, but against that schedule? 

We're playing 2 regular playoff teams in Oklahoma and Ohio State. Add in Michigan, Michigan State as the other cross division games.

Not to mention Iowa and Wisconsin. If I were a betting man, I'd guess we see a decade between victories against Wisconsin. 

After that season, things might change.

37 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think the team could be good, but against that schedule? 

We're playing 2 regular playoff teams in Oklahoma and Ohio State. Add in Michigan, Michigan State as the other cross division games.

Not to mention Iowa and Wisconsin. If I were a betting man, I'd guess we see a decade between victories against Wisconsin. 

After that season, things might change.

So many things can happen between now and '21, so I don't get caught up in schedules that far out. I'm simply looking at what our team could be versus our current state. Our depth will be a lot better in many places by then, especially in the front 7 and at OL. If things stay status quo, then I agree, but for me I'd like to think we'd be a better overall program in two years.

I agree that things could be better from a W/L standpoint, if you're just looking at where we are now compared to other teams.

3 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

By mid decade, we will know if we have progressed or not.  I’d hope during the decade we could win the west, anything more is just the Kool Aid talking, nothing more.  Seems to be a lot of Kool Aid flowing on this thread as we are in the middle of a total rebuild with a green coaching staff.  Santa can only grant so many wishes at  once !

So your saying by the end of the decade the best you see is winning our division. 12 years of Frost tenure that would be a failed job. He did not come here to win division titles, I don’t think division titles is the goal for a top 5 all time winning team in history. We have struggled the last 15 years trying to find the right coach but that doesn’t mean we are now Iowa State. 

• Plus1 1

Huskers’ low point of the last decade (2010-2019):

Bowl Record: 2 wins, 5 losses
Last half of decade record: 28 wins, 34 losses (win percentage 45%)

Huskers’ high point of the last decade:

The hiring of Scott Frost. Yes, this. There was no point in time during the decade where Husker Nation was more energized and optimistic than when Frost was hired.

5 hours ago, junior4949 said:

I think we'll start out the new decade slow, but we'll finish it with a bang.  We'll start the decade with 6 and 7 win seasons, but we'll finish the decade with 9 and 10 win seasons.

A 9 win season at Nebraska is a  is coaching death sentence. I hope we finish the decade with either  8 or 10 wins. 

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So your saying by the end of the decade the best you see is winning our division. 12 years of Frost tenure that would be a failed job. He did not come here to win division titles, I don’t think division titles is the goal for a top 5 all time winning team in history. We have struggled the last 15 years trying to find the right coach but that doesn’t mean we are now Iowa State. 

Yes, in 10 more years we may be a team who is a threat to win any game and until we actually win a division, my mind won’t change.  I’d love to be Iowa State right now, heck for the last decade I’d have loved to be them.  Our staff has a lot of learning and growing to do and the past 2 years has shown they have a LOT to learn.

39 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Yes, in 10 more years we may be a team who is a threat to win any game and until we actually win a division, my mind won’t change.  I’d love to be Iowa State right now, heck for the last decade I’d have loved to be them.  Our staff has a lot of learning and growing to do and the past 2 years has shown they have a LOT to learn.

Thankfully your not the AD because if Iowa state is the goal then Iowa state you will be. The teams who achieve more expect more.