Gotta stand up and clap for good football

I am I

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

A better conference makes our team look better on the national stage. 

I don’t want to depend on other teams to make Nebraska look better. I want Nebraska to do that on our own. 

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would prefer teams that we played to do well. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t. ....unless it’s Texas. Always root against Texas. 

I would prefer teams that we play don’t do as well. The better they play, the more likely better recruits go to those teams and not Nebraska. 

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

No it doesn't. 5-7 is 5-7. 

5-7 in the Big isn't the same as 5-7 in the PAC. Nothing you will say will convince me otherwise. If you play better opponents then you are better than someone with the same record against a worse schedule plain and simple.

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t want to depend on other teams to make Nebraska look better. I want Nebraska to do that on our own. 

I would prefer teams that we play don’t do as well. The better they play, the more likely better recruits go to those teams and not Nebraska. 

We aren't depending on anyone. It isn't about depending on someone. It makes us look better if we play in the best conference plain and simple. 13-0 against a great schedule is better than 13-0 against cupcakes. A better conference helps you out no matter how good you are.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

So, you would prefer everyone on our schedule to go 0-12. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Well 1, that's impossible. But 2, if everyone goes 0-12, that means Nebraska is undefeated. So yes, I want that. 

Then when we play an undefeated team who actually had some competition we get crushed. Sounds nice. I'd rather go undefeated against a really good schedule.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Then when we play an undefeated team who actually had some competition we get crushed. Sounds nice. I'd rather go undefeated against a really good schedule.

Causation =/= correlation at all in this little scenario. If Nebraska is good enough to go undefeated in the Big Ten, they're good enough to go toe to toe with anyone in the country; whether the conference does well in their bowl games has absolutely nothing to do with that scenario, though. 

• Plus1 1