Jump to content
I am I

Gotta stand up and clap for good football

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t root for a conference. I root for a team. That’s why. 

 

I do root AGAINST a certain southeastern conference

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Honestly, I don’t think Ohio State fans are too worried about how the rest of the Big Ten is doing this year in their bowl games. Their too busy relishing in the fact they are undefeated and in the CFP. 

 

This year?  No.  They're undefeated.

 

The previous two years when they were left out despite winning the conference?  I think they would have loved for the perception of the conference to be tougher so they might have gotten an invite.

  • Plus1 4

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

This year?  No.  They're undefeated.

 

The previous two years when they were left out despite winning the conference?  I think they would have loved for the perception of the conference to be tougher so they might have gotten an invite.

2017, Ohio State had 2 losses. No team has made the playoffs with 2 losses. 

 

2018, there were 3 undefeated teams and Oklahoma was taken over Ohio State mainly due to Ohio State getting smoked by Purdue. Yes, the Big Ten was considered “down” in 2018, but Michigan probably would have made the playoff if they had beaten Ohio State and then won the conference title game.

 

The biggest thing that has hurt the Big Ten and making the playoff isn’t the perception of the conference, it’s the fact the conference forces teams to play 9 conference games.

 

Only one team (Ohio State this year) has gone through a 9 game conference schedule and conference championship game season undefeated.  It cost Oregon this year, and it probably cost Ohio State in 2017 and 2018. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

The B1G is looking good in bowls so far

 

thats a plus for all the teams in the conference. 
 

I just liked how Iowa and AF played the games. Hard nosed, few mistakes, good tackling, etc. 

 

I think if Nebraska gets their stallions we will be good again. However, I like the idea that we need to be tough assed  MF’ers too who play a good brand of mistake free ball that’s well disciplined and suited to our brand 

Share this post


Link to post

After watching this blow out and few “kids” saying this the best team ever.  I had to go on you tube and catch the highlights of the 96 fiesta bowl.  Almost cried.  God how I miss those days/games.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, I am I said:

The B1G is looking good in bowls so far

 

thats a plus for all the teams in the conference. 
 

I just liked how Iowa and AF played the games. Hard nosed, few mistakes, good tackling, etc. 

 

I think if Nebraska gets their stallions we will be good again. However, I like the idea that we need to be tough assed  MF’ers too who play a good brand of mistake free ball that’s well disciplined and suited to our brand 

That is a great goal to strive for. No scheme will succeed if we continue to play like we have for the past (what seems like 20 years).  Our "Brand" for too long has been mistake prone, self inflicted, find a way to lose...

 

Seeing some great football so far during bowl season.  

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, lo country said:

That is a great goal to strive for. No scheme will succeed if we continue to play like we have for the past (what seems like 20 years).  Our "Brand" for too long has been mistake prone, self inflicted, find a way to lose...

 

Seeing some great football so far during bowl season.  

Exactly. I'm not sure what "our brand" is anymore. That brand expired 20 years ago – too long ago to say it's "our brand."

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

They chose Texas over us, and were on board ditching us and going to the Pac 10.  I lost the respect I had for them long ago.  

Me too. But I wanted the SEC to lose. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

They chose Texas over us, and were on board ditching us and going to the Pac 10.  I lost the respect I had for them long ago.  

Agree with this. The only time I cheer for OU is when they play texas and a few sec schools.Otherwise I hope they lose.

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone else find it interesting in the halftime talk with both coaches they knew what happened in the first half on both sides of the ball. Frosts responses thru the season, "I don't know what happened I'll have to watch the tape". This is the difference between a coach who is engaged fully in the whole team compared to Frost who is paying attention to his offense, and letting his defensive coaches pay attention to the D. Head coaches are responsible for all aspects of the game

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, kshusker89 said:

Anyone else find it interesting in the halftime talk with both coaches they knew what happened in the first half on both sides of the ball. Frosts responses thru the season, "I don't know what happened I'll have to watch the tape". This is the difference between a coach who is engaged fully in the whole team compared to Frost who is paying attention to his offense, and letting his defensive coaches pay attention to the D. Head coaches are responsible for all aspects of the game

No

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, kshusker89 said:

Anyone else find it interesting in the halftime talk with both coaches they knew what happened in the first half on both sides of the ball. Frosts responses thru the season, "I don't know what happened I'll have to watch the tape". This is the difference between a coach who is engaged fully in the whole team compared to Frost who is paying attention to his offense, and letting his defensive coaches pay attention to the D. Head coaches are responsible for all aspects of the game

A couple of things:

 

1) Ryan Day calls the offensive plays for Ohio State, just like Scott Frost.

 

2) It’s perfectly normal for coaches to say “I need to watch the tape” to truly see if the mistake was in the play call, alignment, or a bust by a player. Coaches are smart to do this right after a game because they aren’t placing blame quickly in a public audience, when the person at fault isn’t always known right away. Plus, it’s not a good thing for head coaches to throw their players or assistant coaches in front of the bus to the media without knowing the true reason a play failed. 

  • Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is Ryan Day all of a sudden a bad example of a Head Coach who only focuses on offense when personal foul penalties by Ohio State’s defense and special teams lead to Clemson extended drives and TD’s?

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...