Gotta stand up and clap for good football

I am I

7 hours ago, dspanther05 said:

The whole root for your conference is dumb.  Ohio State winning a national championship does not help Nebraska at all. It just ensures that most recruits we are competing for are going to choose them over Nebraska.

They are gonna take who they want regardless. Players want to play in the best conference, why do you think so many players say they want to play in the SEC? Because in their mind it's the best conference. If the BIG starts winning more national titles, that perception can change. To say it doesn't have an effect or help us is pretty absurd imo. The degree to which it helps is fairly minuscule, but the effect is there.

• Plus1 1

On 12/29/2019 at 7:24 AM, dspanther05 said:

The whole root for your conference is dumb.  Ohio State winning a national championship does not help Nebraska at all. It just ensures that most recruits we are competing for are going to choose them over Nebraska.

Seem's that Slusher wanted to go to a SEC team, after he had made a commitment to Oregon, who is a hell of a lot better than Ark. We wanted him bad also. Read all the time the top recruits want to play in the SEC, because they say it's a fast track to the NFL.

Recruit's flip I get it, but PAC 12 didn't help themselves with how their viewed. 

OSU winning the NC and the rest of B1G winning bowl games, would only help the image, of the B1G. There is only so many spots on each team, not everyone can play at OSU. If we learned anything by Slusher and other players, conference status seems to matter. jmo

GBR!!!

• Plus1 5
18 hours ago, Landlord said:

Here's the biggest reason to root for your conference. It gets our school lots and lots of money. The B1G is giving us bookoo dollars because of massive media deals signed in large part due to the reputation of the conference.

If Ohio State would have won their playoff game, does the conference make additional money?   

18 hours ago, Landlord said:

Here's the biggest reason to root for your conference. It gets our school lots and lots of money. The B1G is giving us bookoo dollars because of massive media deals signed in large part due to the reputation of the conference.

Jim Delaney disagrees with that because his most recent expansion in the B1G was more about the TV viewers in NYC and DC rather than the football prowess of Rutgers and Maryland.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Jim Delaney disagrees with that because his most recent expansion in the B1G was more about the TV viewers in NYC and DC rather than the football prowess of Rutgers and Maryland.

If the B1G didn't have any prowess going into those negotiations, then we wouldn't have gotten Rutgers and Maryland to join in the first place (they wouldn't have gotten us either), and even if we had, we wouldn't be adding those tv markets as easily.

10 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't think he disagrees with that.  In fact, it was the entire reason for him going after Rutgers and Maryland: lots and lots of money.  

Just a different way to achieve the same thing.

Watching Wisky v Oregon and Kirk/Fowler showed Alvarez at the game.  Mentioned when he went to Wisky he introduced the DNA they still have today.  Stayed through Barry, Bret, and now Chryst....  Tough physical play and developing guys into stars......When people talk about NU identity, that's what it was.  For years. I am hoping that is what Frost is striving for.  Regardless of scheme, that IDENTITY wins games.  

Again, a lot of big boy football being played on some of these bowl games....3 year drought SUCKS!

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, lo country said:

Watching Wisky v Oregon and Kirk/Fowler showed Alvarez at the game.  Mentioned when he went to Wisky he introduced the DNA they still have today.  Stayed through Barry, Bret, and now Chryst....  Tough physical play and developing guys into stars......When people talk about NU identity, that's what it was.  For years. I am hoping that is what Frost is striving for.  Regardless of scheme, that IDENTITY wins games.  

Again, a lot of big boy football being played on some of these bowl games....3 year drought SUCKS!

Certainly does suck.  Im not giving up on Frost yet though.  If we dont make a bowl next year i might lose hope.

• Plus1 1